Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beer to take away at Geneva airport ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Getting the train from GVA to Martigny late on thursday night and was wondering is there anywhere to pick up some takeouts to while away the journey ???

Swiss trains are wonderfully punctual but they are terribly slow!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichA, there is a supermarket in the shopping area at GVA railway station, at the far end from the entrance and ticket windows. Lots of Swiss trains have a trolley service if not a bar.

I suspect that Swiss trains are punctual because they are slow (which is a very sensible arrangement).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks richmond, i've never noticed that supermarket before but i'll keep an eye out for it ... do you go past the ticket office and then keep going past the stairs down to the trains ? .. i have vague recollections of there being some shops up there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RichA, if the supermarket is a Migros you'll be out of luck on the beer as it's a dry supermarket chain - the founder was a teetotaller and it's in the articles of association or sth Laughing If it's a Coop you'll be fine
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RichA, you leave the airport and go into the station, walk down the concourse and keep going past the ticket office and arrivals/deps board, past all the shops and right at the end, IIRC, when you can go no further, there is a supermarket. Let's hope it's not Migros. Some of the other shops may sell beer.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RichA, I'm was pretty sure there is somewhere there as I think I bought some from there when I was staying in an apartment nearby. However, I can only see Migros on the plan: http://www.gva.ch/en/PortalData/1/Resources//fichiers/shopping/plans/galeries_aig_plan.pdf
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brilliant, thanks guys
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If there's nothing in the airport, and you have time, there is a shop that does sell beer on the road into town. It will be cheaper than the train bar/trolley, but IIRC is a bit of a walk down Avenue Louis Casai (maybe as far as Chemin Terroux). The garage on that road sells it and that may be what I'm thinking of - it was over 6 years ago, now.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
otherwise just buy some beer in your departure airport
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is a Migros Sad , but there is a wine shop on the right before you get to Migros. Can't remember if it sells beer though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes it is definately a Migros- but there are off licences near the trainstation
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RichA, if it's a late departure the shops may have closed, however there is a good chance that there will either be a restaurant car with beer available or a trolley service on the train
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy