Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any of you guys doctors?

Poster: A snowHead
and more specifically, went to wengen in a group last april, around the 3rd?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, why . . . you got something really juicy? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nah sadly not, just trying to find out if anyone here stopped to help me when I broke my leg.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You must have misheard. No doctor whilst on holiday would stop to help. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're offering a reward.... it was me Toofy Grin .. hmm on second thoughts, my username may have me busted!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab wrote:
nah sadly not, just trying to find out if anyone here stopped to help me when I broke my leg.

The doctor is the one who stole your board and your wallet while you were in the helicopter mate wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, Kramer is, but he'd only have stopped if the lifts had shut (or you were female wink ) Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did they get you pregnant?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing

I guess not then.

Last april I broke my leg on bumps, way after the piste had closed. As everyone skied past me I thought "balls to it, get the helicopter out" Then I realised I had neither (a) the sos number on my phone or (b) any calling credit.
Then a group of doctors from england stopped, explained they were doctors and had a look at it for me. Conclusion was that it was knackered. Managed to board home (how I don't know) and next day found out it was bust.

Just wondered if that group or anyone from it was on here, just offering my thanks if you are, not many other people would have stopped.

And just think of all the odds on it, piste has closed, leg is bust, a group of english speaking doctors stop. Was like a miracle or something Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Could have been a lot worse, could have been a group of lawyers...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
martski, Oi! Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Nah he would not have known, unless he was waving his gold card, they won't stop for anything less.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill,
stuck your head above the parapet there mate!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
martski, there to be shot at Twisted Evil
ski holidays
The Lawyers would have stopped, but would have departed as soon as they found out it was your own fault.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, I'd advise him to see a doctor and charge him a £10 for doing so Little Angel
latest report
So how would you summon help in that situation - I see avalanche beacons being discussed - and have experience with offshore survival techniques - would it pay skiers to carry flares, or is this already done?
ski holidays
You dial 112 (international version of 999 - works in Britain too). Calls to the emergency service don't need credit.
ski holidays
Megamum, flares probably not a good idea but a whistle might be useful

stab, the piste machine drivers would proobably have found you sooner or later Shocked
ski holidays
Megamum, a whistle, and perhaps a signal torch.
ski holidays
and at the risk of sounding sententious, it's much better to be down the hill before the pisteurs have done their final sweep. Most piste maps will have the local rescue phone numbers.
snow conditions
stab wrote:
Laughing

I guess not then.

Last april I broke my leg on bumps, way after the piste had closed. As everyone skied past me I thought "balls to it, get the helicopter out" Then I realised I had neither (a) the sos number on my phone or (b) any calling credit.
Then a group of doctors from england stopped, explained they were doctors and had a look at it for me. Conclusion was that it was knackered. Managed to board home (how I don't know) and next day found out it was bust.

Just wondered if that group or anyone from it was on here, just offering my thanks if you are, not many other people would have stopped.

And just think of all the odds on it, piste has closed, leg is bust, a group of english speaking doctors stop. Was like a miracle or something Laughing

Jeremy at the Sunstar bar may know who they are - he did some guiding for a group of English doctors last season.
ski holidays
ah cool, saw him last night.
snow report
Whistles sound a good bet - I assume the sound carries in a mountain environment?
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
the piste machine drivers would proobably have found you sooner or later Shocked

as they poked bits of you out of the machinery with an old ski pole Razz
ski holidays
Megamum, LED torch and whistle should be mandatory in any and every pack. An LED bicycle rear lamp clipped to the back of your pack weighs a couple of ounces and is ideal for poor visibility situations where people need to follow each other down a hill in mist or crud . . . especially if you've left it late to get back.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
and at the risk of sounding sententious, it's much better to be down the hill before the pisteurs have done their final sweep.

But going down before the pistes are closed means you hit the bottlenecks of ski schools going home. I'd rather wait until it's all closed then go home.

Quote:
So how would you summon help in that situation -

Advantage of being a boarder, you're riding a stretcher, lie yourself down on it and off you go Very Happy
seriously though i would only have had to wait until dark and someone would have called me to see where I was. As it happens I always carry an led torch and knee supports, strapped myself up and boarded home, slowly Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, give my love to Jeremy (although he wouldn't know me under this nickname - or at all) - he guided me on a medical trip 4-5 years ago which seemed to revolve largely around chicken noises. A really nice bloke, although I believe I remember he collects the top of miniature milk cartons...

Anyway, as regards the help you received - be grateful it wasn't a proctologist who stopped. Toofy Grin
snow report
shall do.

Last time I checked his staff photo in the sunstar it was of a chicken Laughing
ski holidays
Dypcdiver wrote:
Quote:

Nah he would not have known, unless he was waving his gold card, they won't stop for anything less.

Think you'll find its Platinum cards only !! Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy