Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to buy ski's, which ones??????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, new to this fourm and would like a bit of advice.

I have been skiing for 12 years since the age of 5, and been to quite a few resorts, banff, chourchevel 1850/1650, la tania, meribel,kitzbuhal.I am going to zell am see the end of january.

I mainly ski on piste, but i like to ski the bits of powder i can find, and like to venture off piste a bit (hopefully a lot more this year). I also like doing the odd jump here and there.i feel i am quite an aggresive skier and like good speed and carving. Looking at the snow and rock website i would rank myself 7/8.
I weight about 10 stone, and am currently around 6'1ft.
I have been hiring my equiptment in the past, and last week went down to snow and rock for a boot fitting and purchased the technica vento 8's. I am now looking to purchase some ski's aswell , but i am unsure what ones. can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest any?? Puzzled

Puzzled Any help will be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris1989, Chris, best idea IMHO is find a good shop in Austria with a wide range of skis, try many pairs, if it is a Good shop and you buy a pair at the end of the week they'll probably discount any rental fees against the purchase cost. Don't buy before you try.

Otherwise? I think lime green is this year's new black but am hopeless at forecasting so it really depends on whether you can live with being slightly (or terribly) unfashionable next year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch wrote:
Otherwise? I think lime green is this year's new black

Oh I do hope not - I like to stand out in a crowd Laughing

(Sorry, Chris, that wasn't particularly helpful to you - I concur with David's advice FWIW)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris1989, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Can't really advise on the skis....but enjoy Zell - I',m there in Feb
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok thanks for your help, ill try to give a few pairs of ski's a go whilst im over there. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chris1989, are you wanting a ski that's good off piste yet OK on piste, or a good piste ski that can do OK in powder?

You have compromises to make Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill wrote:
chris1989, are you wanting a ski that's good off piste yet OK on piste, or a good piste ski that can do OK in powder?

You have compromises to make Twisted Evil

Or possibly a ski that's good on/in both? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Drop me an email/private message with your address and I'll send you a Gear Guide. Lots to look at and it'll give a steer on all-mountain skis to try.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fallliner, can you send me a gear guide too please?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer, I feel you are on a bit of a mission in ths respect. Best scottch it before the atmosphere becomes Chile.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill, Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really depends what sort of skiing your into; piste, off piste or park. For a great all round ski, I have put a review of the Scott Aztec Pro on earlier today, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22642, worth a look.

For really good ski reviews, go to http//:www.ski-review.com , I know the designer he distributes Liberty Skis in the UK and knows his stuff.

Also I have a site, http://people.bath.ac.uk/tjd20 , it is just starting out but there are some ski reviews on there, mainly all-mountain skis like the Scott's.

If there are any specfic skis you want opinions on the just ask
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
it's, a good on piste ski and something that will be ok on powder that im looking for (about 75% piste, 25% off piste)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fallliner, If you could send me that ski review document that would be great. Thanks Chris
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy