Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie ski size

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've only been skiing since start of Nov so am still very new and use hire skis

so far i have always been given 155's to use when hire'ing from the snowdome, which come to just about my shoulders (Im 6ft tall)

ive read a few sites that say they should be between my chin and eyes and given my weight (just under 17st) i rekon i should be more like 164 -170

do you lot reccomend that i try some longer ski's or shall i stick to what im used to atm?
Any pro's/ con's to them being a bit longer bearing in mind my experiance/ lack of

Cheers
Pete
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
155 is a bit short given your weight. You'll find 165 or 170 will turn a bit more naturally. Given the restricted room at the snowdome it's probably better to have them too short than too long however.

Long skis go faster than short ones, but skis that are too short will not be able to support your weight and will bend too much leading to poor turning and braking. Not a massive issue in your early lessons, but will quickly become significant once you start to approach parallel skiing and carving.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmm.. ok.. so is it best to just go up to a bigger size or work my way up?

ie should i goto 160 - 165 - 170 or just get 165 (main reason i ask is im off to italy at the end of the month)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes work your way up - an extra 5cm every week or 2 won't really be noticable - you'll quickly get used to it. When you get to your resort in Italy don't let the hire-shop give you anything longer than 170!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok cool

thanks for the help Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy