Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Get ready for Gloom !!

brian
brian
After a bit of snow today and tomorrow, it looks like getting milder again for most of the next week. FL could go above 3000m in France/Switzerland around the 14th Sad

Anybody in the vicinity of NorthWestFace or lisach would be well advised to start hiding any sharp objects Wink

No clear indication after that, but fwiw, cooling favoured.

Scotland looking horribly rainy tomorrow but looking good for a tasty dump on Thursday. Saturday might be decent if the wind isn't too high, hmmmm ...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yep, its looking slight better than was being forecasted a few days back but still, implications are for a very warm week...ah well 4 sleeps and I'm out for a couple of weeks. My better half always seems to be a bit of a snowqueen, whenever she has been it has dumped, i did suggested she headed out this week to make sure its all white for when i get out there Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I agree with all you say, sir.

I doubt it'll stay too warm too long. Looks like a couple of days here and there with very high FL at times. Some rain in places midweek, but there is still precipitation around. The pattern looks well locked at the moment, but there's been a couple of hints for further down the line. Interesting to note that large parts of the European-Asian land mass is under a positive temp. anomaly.

First FAX for Scotland makes it look promising after blizzards on Thursday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my recollection of last year was that it was pretty cr@p at this time, and a big episode of the Fohn wind stripped 2 feet of snow off in the Oisans region at the end of Jan. Feb, March and April turned out OK though...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, two years ago in Les Arcs it was pretty poor at this time, but two decent dumps sorted it between 14th & 27th. I rained during that period, too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
I rained during that period, too.

Skanky the little happy raincloud... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
carled wrote:
Quote:
I rained during that period, too.

Skanky the little happy raincloud... wink

Embarassed

Too old to be nimbus these days. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian wrote:
After a bit of snow today and tomorrow, it looks like getting milder again for most of the next week. FL could go above 3000m in France/Switzerland around the 14th Sad

Anybody in the vicinity of NorthWestFace or lisach would be well advised to start hiding any sharp objects Wink

Scotland looking horribly rainy tomorrow but looking good for a tasty dump on Thursday. Saturday might be decent if the wind isn't too high, hmmmm ...

In the defence of NorthWestFace and lisach, shouldn't we credit them with calling this right at the start of last week? They clearly can also read the forcast models and rather than put a positive spin on the outlook they appear to be realistic. That said I doubt either should apply for a job with the SCGB. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
micksup, I have not seen anybody credible suggesting this week was going to be anything other than rather warm and a little wet. What some people objected to was the sheer guesswork that extrapolated from weather to date to conclude it was going to be a completely rubbish winter. It might be, or it might not be, but if it turns out to be rubbish then the gloomy prognoses will turn out to have been lucky guesses, not superior forecasting. Equally, if March and April have super snow all round, those forecasting a good but late season will have made lucky guesses. Nobody knows what the weather is going to do in March and April. Just as well, probably, because if it does turn to be a rubbish season for the lower level resorts it will be much more pleasant to have spent it thinking that something better is round the corner.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have there been any longer term predictions? All I have seen is doom and gloom, but no one prepared to give anything longer term.

Probably not a good idea to do so, but I just wondered if anyone had seen anything?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kosciosco, As I understand it, any further than 6 days out is just a guess anyway.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kosciosco, you do get seasonal forecasts, but IMHO if they're any more detailed than probabilities of above or below average values and rough timescales, then they're not worth listening to. Even the good ones tend to be right no better than 66% of the time (AFAIA).

micksup, I think what can wind some people up (not me, so this is a guess), is the manner of the message, rather than the message itself.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forecast freezing level a little frightening here for Saturday - let's hope it's not so bad, and that downward trend hinted at for Sunday and Monday really happens.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
micksup,

Re. SCGB Job - After watching it rain all day Sunday my Monday Report would have been a little different from SCGB's...............

With the temperatures warming up in France, piste conditions are becoming heavy and wet in some places but are still very good at most resorts. Argentiere (25/189cm) and Chamonix (60/189cm) reported 10cm of fresh snow yesterday, Sunday. Most lifts are open at both resorts giving excellent skiing conditions and access to a wide choice of slopes and off-piste skiing. Les Carroz (5/35cm), Morzine (5/90cm) and Vars (35/90cm) reported traces of snow falling today, Monday. The cloudy skies are hopefully signalling that more snow is on the way.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NorthWestFace wrote:

..... The cloudy skies are hopefully signalling that more snow is on the way.

Which shows anyone can do 'positive' if they put their mind to it ! snowHead

Well done, keep up the good work! Laughing
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
AxsMan,

That was the actual scgb report you know - this bit got me ".......and Vars reported traces of snow falling today" what does that mean? rain!
latest report
NorthWestFace, Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy