Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania 10 - 17 Feb 07

Poster: A snowHead
If any Snowheads are in resort or 3 Vallees that week, would be good to meet up to either ski or a beer at night, I'm driving out so moving around between villages not difficult. I know the 3V pretty well, but I'm sure there are some good areas I hav'nt found yet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bev Jon and I are at Mottaret that week with a couple of friends. We are ploddy inters though! Jon is up for most things and needs a challenge. (he is 17 and quite a decent skier.) We get around, so I'm sure we could meet up. I'll pm you nearer the time.

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris, that sounds good, my son Scott will be with me, he is 17 also.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just bumping this in case anybody else fancies the traditional 3V snowHeads meet.

Spyderman, I mentioned you and Scott to Jon and had the eloquent reply "Cool" from him. In teenspeak, as you very probably know, that represents the height of excitement!

snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hiya, Arriving in La Tania crack of doom on the 17th, fresh from the Eurostar, wife, and 2 teenagers in tow. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
martyngb, Sadly, that is the day we leave, but we will leave you some snow! (There will of course be plenty by then).

snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have got as far as booking the Eurotunnel and will be skiing somewhere in France for that week, but no idea where yet. We are a family of 4 (kids 7 and 11). 3V is one of the places I'm thinking of, but I'm waiting to see what bargains come up.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
solarfish, You may struggle to find a bargain, or even a place to stay if conditions improve. It is, after all, the main school holidays in France as well. Good luck!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish,
Quote:

Just bumping this in case anybody else fancies the traditional 3V snowHeads meet.

As a newby on Snowheads, what is the 3 Vallees meet?
Plus my wife Carol has managed to get the time off work so she'll be there too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, I think he means the tradition that if snowHeads are in the 3V's together they meet!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah. Sounds good to me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, exactly as Hoppo, says!

Last year we had the pleasure of skiing with U Brain, Alastair and El Hen. They were at VT while we were at Mottaret, but you can cover distance pretty well in the 3V.

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Spyderman

I'm in La Tania from 11th to 18th Feb. 16 of us are sharing a chalet - mixture of ages (50ish down to early 20s), skiers & boarders and range of abilities (2nd year skiers through to those who've been for years). We went to the same place last year & thoroughly enjoyed it so we're going back - yep they were prepared to have us back so we must be nicer than we realised!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds like we've got Snowheads on tour. We have been to 3V about 8 times so know our way around pretty well, would be happy to meet and/or ski with anyone.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Begins to look as if a meet-up plan will be needed over Courchevel way quite early in the week. Though we always enjoy the Folyeres down to the pub ski lodge!

snowHead
snow report
We'll definitely be frequenting the pub ski lodge on a regular basis!
snow report
blizt, Hi, I'll be in there evening of Sat 17th, our first night in resort. Hopefully meet up snowHead
ski holidays
The 17th is my last night, but good to have a beer in the pub.
snow report
Spyderman, Always good to have a beer in the pub! Also chance to find out where's good/bad/special etc See you there snowHead
latest report
How possible is it to get frm La Tania back to our place at the top of Mottaret in the evening? We are due a bit of a beery night and the chance to get together with snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead is not to be missed.

Anybody know?

snowHead
ski holidays
Taxi?
We'll have a car there but probably, no definately, too many Orange Whips to give you a lift.
ski holidays
I take it it is not too far by road??? Never attempted it. Whatever orange whips are seems a good idea!

snowHead
ski holidays
Orange Whip = Beer
snow report
What's the local beer served in the Ski Lodge? Had one evening on it last year and it was lethal!! snowHead
snow conditions
martyngb, No idea - I always stick to vin chaud! snowHead It begins to sound as if a "bit of a do" could be in the making at 3V - look forward to skiing/falling over with at least some of you during the week. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hope they sell Mutzig Old Lager, normally have that in Les Arcs, tastes great but it's a bit strong at 6.6%.
I find pints of Vin Chaud at bit much. wink
I know there is a road from La Tania to Meribel, but have never driven it, I have chains so could always come up to Mottaret one night.
snow report
MUTZIG that's the stuff, goes down a treat but you know all about it afterwards Toofy Grin

Watched an early evening rugby international in the ski lodge last year with my son and a few mutzigs, took a while to get back to the appt for dinner!! snowHead
snow conditions
Spyderman, Kind of you to offer, but I don't think you should be doing "designated driver" stuff on holiday. We know we can get to Meribel by bus. Is there a bus link to la Tania? I'm sure we can sort something out!

BTW hope you need those chains!

snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

What's the local beer served in the Ski Lodge?

According to www.publeskilodge.com -

"We have a huge range of beers, wines, spirits and cocktails including:
On Draught: Amstel, Heineken, Murphys, local Bass Bitter, Strongbow, and the very strong old Mutzig lager!

Happy Hour 4-6pm every day - Amstel €4.00 a pint!

Bottled Budweiser, Grolsch, Corona, Heineken and the odd Alcopop plus Guiness

Local Wines from the Savoie and further afield

Top branded spirits and French traditional tipples:
Ricard, Chartreuse and Genepi

Hot Mulled Wine (Vin Chaud!) at Happy Hour
Liquor Coffee, Cappuccino and Espresso

And a full range of cocktails and shooters
including the Famous Ski Lodge Cocktail"

Should be enough variety for most!!
snow conditions
Ok the booze menu did it I'm in! Laughing There will be eight of us staying in meribel centre from Feb 11th to 18th, Mrs Axs and I and 6 teenagers (help!) will probably need at least three of everything listed above each night just to stay sane Shocked Abilities range from first time on snowboard, to 10 weeks skiing. If I can persuade Mrs Axs to drive round of an evening, we'll be there! snowHead

P.S. Will have radios with us, set to channel 3.3 if anyone else does the walky talky bit Toofy Grin
snow report
Chris Bish, mottaret to la tania is about 20 minutes by car by way of Meribel Village another merible satellite village. BUT and it is a big but the road does close if there is heavy snow and then you have to go all the way down to moutier and back up which can be 45 minutes or more

The resort bus goes to M Village but not to la tania unforntunately.
ski holidays
Spyderman, I will be with a few other Grade 3 hopefuls that week and we could have a burn if you fancy it. One guy is based in Village and plays guitar in La Tania a lot and two others are in 1650.
latest report
skimottaret,
If I can offer anyone a few tips on what to expect on the course, I'd be more than happy.

AxsMan,
Yep, we're Motorola'd up too.

blizt,
Mutzig, Oh Yes, Better e-mail the pub to get plenty in.

bev bish,
my wife Carol does the Vin Chaud thing too, so you'll have company.
latest report
If any more snowHeads express an interest in being there, we may have to re-name this thread "The Half-Term Bash" snowHead
snow report
bev bish, I think I have to agree. (nothing new there!)

I heard a rumour that admin,might be in the area too. With so many snowHeads on the ground he ought to make the effort to come and have a ski with us........
latest report
bev bish, & Chris Bish, Excellent suggestion, mods can we have a sticky/poll thingy with 3v half term bash - who's going, where will you be, what radio channel do you use - all that good stuff? please? pretty please? Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
AxsMan, I'll second that. Liz are you there??? Hoppo???

snowHead
ski holidays
Go for it
snow report
Quote:

Mrs Axs and I and 6 teenagers (help!)

Are you incredibly brave or just receiving an enormous financial incentive?!? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Has anyone used any of the ski hire places in La Tania? If so any recommendations? I've found www.skihigher.com & www.intersport-latania.com & www.skiset.com (not sure why I've ended up being the one looking for this info for our group as I've got my own gear!!! Puzzled ). Mug?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy