Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cold feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought new boots last season, well broken in by now (30 days-ish), but i'm suffering with cold feet so far this season and never have in these boots before. Have tried different socks and while i can feel some difference (smartwool) seem best, but still uncomfortably cold most of the time.

Now is this a simple case of poor circulation or could their be something going on with the boot/liner?? (i do keep them dry)
appreciate any thoughts
cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're suffering now, but not before, something must have changed. Is it since you have changed your socks? If so go back to your old brand. If it is still happening with the socks you used last season, I would pay a visit to the Doctor, just to get yourself checked over.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a GP, if someone came into see me, with cold feet in their ski boots, but not at any other time, I would not be very amused.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, Yes I guess you don't want people tramping up and down your surgery in big heavy ski boots Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmmm, does the fact that 2 of my toes have fallen off mean anything??! Shocked

i did feel cold with my old socks, i bought a new pair of the same brand/model with no improvement then tried some different brands. I've always taken an hour or 2 in the mornings for my feet to feel comfortably warm when skiing but this season they dont seem to warm up at all. Only reason I wondered about the boots was that I wore my touring boots recently and was much better - if circulation was an issue then surely even my thermo-whoosit touring boots wouldnt help??

kramer, my poo's a funny colour too, what would you suggest??? Puzzled NehNeh Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand, Laughing Laughing Laughing

What I meant to say was that I don't think that getting cold feet only when wearing your ski boots is necessarily a reason to see your GP as it is highly unlikely that this is a symptom of any significant problem, and much more likely to be a problem with your ski boots.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
barry wrote:
kramer, my poo's a funny colour too, what would you suggest??? Puzzled NehNeh Razz

I would suggest not looking at your poo after you've been to the toilet.

Seriously, if it's better when you're wearing touring boots, then it's fairly obviously something to do with alpine boots restricting your circulation.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would suggest, slowly boiling some HALIBUT, then inserting the warm flesh between each toe, a good sock will not help here as the HALIBUT will feel restricted as if caught in a net.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer wrote:
barry wrote:

I would suggest not looking at your poo after you've been to the toilet.

Seriously, if it's better when you're wearing touring boots, then it's fairly obviously something to do with alpine boots restricting your circulation.

all of a sudden though?? hmmm maybe, though boots feel like they've blown out fully by now and they were toastie when they were new and tight/not blown out. maybe a trip to the bootfitter's in order all the same (before i trouble my poor GP wink )

thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I would suggest, slowly boiling some HALIBUT, then inserting the warm flesh between each toe, a good sock will not help here as the HALIBUT will feel restricted as if caught in a net.

warm feet and the tow queues to myself, perfect Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
barry, if it only happens in your boots, then the boots must be the cause.

If they're old, then it maybe that you're overtightening to compensate for the compressed lining.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Newish boots and cold feet - Are they Salomon by any chance? There have been some stories that Salomon boots leak - cold feet- leaky boots? Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand wrote:
Newish boots and cold feet - Are they Salomon by any chance? There have been some stories that Salomon boots leak - cold feet- leaky boots? Puzzled

yup, Salomon X-Waves, they don't seem to be leaking but the plot thickens! Could they have sprung a leak tho? - they were fine for the second half of last season, and i alway remove the lining to dry out for a few hours after big days on the hill

hmmm, anyone know the warranty on Sally shoes?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry, sounds like there is a point of compression somewhere in the boot....after you wear the boot for a while are there any really red or white [blanched] areas on your foot, is the foot and boot warm when you put them on, often a cold or damp boot will give these symptoms

as for warranty Salomon boots ....unlikely they would cover a leak so to speak, if there is moisture in the boot , chances are it is trapped sweat... dry out the boot after each ski session [which you seem to do], if not then the seal at the front may not be closing down properly, you can run a bead of silicon into the overlap but this needs to be done carefully so as not to alter the fit when you close the boot [very fine bead of silicon]
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy