Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To hire or not !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi newbie here. I am looking to go skiing for the first time in about 6 years except for a day at MK recently. My dilema is whether to take my skis whicha re now some 13 years old (Vokll competion) or rent a premium set when there. I will deff be taking my Boots as they are fitted with a moulded foot bed and still comfortable
Has the technolgy changed signifactly in 13 years ? I read a lot about Carving skis but doent really know the difference.
If I do take my skis, they will need a service and will have to pay for carriage etc so not sure if better to pend a little more and rent some decent ones in the resort ............... any help
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm pretty sure most people will say rent new ones. Ski carriage will be 30quid return plus 15quid for a service and you should nearly be able to rent a decent pair for that.
I've never skiied on old style skis but apparently the difference is vast Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kwakazx6r wrote:

Has the technolgy changed signifactly in 13 years ?

Hell yer. Cool

Hire skis for definate.

Have a look arround on the net.
You can get an idea of what you can get for what price.
or have a look here www.snowrental.net or http://www.worldski.com/ski_hire.asp

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 7-01-07 15:57; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any body want to buy a second hand pair of Vokll competitin skis wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rent some in resort, especially if there is not a big dump of snow before you go; pistes are becoming a bit bare and stony in places, at lower altitudes. Ski technology has changed quite a bit, you will probably find they are much shorter (eye level max for piste skis) and easier and more fun. If you rent you could also try out a range of skis to see what you like, and if it does dump, hire some powder skis. Where are you going, and when? Welcome to snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pam W

Not sure what the travel plans are yet, I am trying to convince a few people to go, but no deff plans yet. I may well end up searching the solo traveller forum to see whats about. I fancy 3 valley or Val late Feb / Early March - but not too fussed really just need to ski again before I get too old !
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kwakazx6r wrote:
Any body want to buy a second hand pair of Vokll competitin skis wink

Try E Bay somebody will by them
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

kwakazx6r wrote:
Any body want to buy a second hand pair of Vokll competitin skis

Charity shop IMO
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drop me a pm with your address and I'll send you a copy of the latest Fall Line Gear Guide; that'll show you just how much has changed... It should give you a steer on what to rent this time round. Same goes for anyone who didn't get one with the mag...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry,
Quote:

Hell yer.

Hire skis for definate.

Renry posted yesterday; http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=514822#514822

Quote:
I had the same response with my new skis. i took his advice and didnt have them done. IMOA he was right. They ran smooth as a babys bum

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy