Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Kazakhstan - or just read about it

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to the roving correspondents of the Beeb - in this case Ian MacWilliam - we're treated to some eye-opening information from little-travelled corners of the globe.

Here's his report on skiing in Kazakhstan, where the main resort of Chimbulak has three new chairlifts, and apparently enough big spenders to pay for them.

Here's some information and history of Chimbulak, from its official website.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
think I'd prefer to read rather than visit!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll nip up there next time I'm passing.......

Flights available with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul for about £500. It would be different I guess.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith wrote:

Here's his report on skiing in Kazakhstan, where the main resort of Chimbulak has three new chairlifts, and apparently enough big spenders to pay for them.

Just to remind readers who care about such things that Kazakstan has an appalling human rights record. It is a country where the secret police boil people to death. You don't here too much about this side of things because they are a pro-Western regime so friends of Tony and George. Not somewhere I would visit personally.

http://hrw.org/doc/?t=europe&c=kazakh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good point. Rory Bremner's show last weekend had something to say about this. Here's someone who probably won't be skiing in Kazakhstan. Maybe the BBC is going to bring us some information about what is going on there at the moment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not wanting to kick of a row on human rights, but would it not be to the ultimate advantage to the inhabitants if people did come from abroad to ski? With the foreign currency it brings? Resulting in pressure being applied to the goverment to improve things? Just a thought.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't think the arrival of foreign currency, as such, has much effect on human rights...if you're getting cash anyway - why change?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was thinking more the promise of foreign investment and all that goes with it, conditional on improvements first. The potential of international events, etc and the publicity that could bring?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard Goodliffe wrote:
I was thinking more the promise of foreign investment and all that goes with it, conditional on improvements first. The potential of international events, etc and the publicity that could bring?

Yes it is a good point, more foreigners visiting a state will hopefully help it, or force it, to clean up. But I think skiers (and especially boarders Happy )tend to live in a cocoon. Arrive at airport, get on bus, arrive at ski resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard - if that's what you're saying then I agree. Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Human rights or not, IF global warming continues to reek havoc with the snow line in the Europe we may all have to ski in Kazakhstan within the next 50 years.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
im not sure when the last time any of you have been to kazakhstan, or when you last saw a man boiled alive in kazakhstan" but i live here as an ex-pat meaning im a Canadian citizen the people of kz are incredibly hospitable and generous people. It is a developing country and posting statements like the one below certainly do not help their situation. Im sure they have had problems, it is a former soviet country...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnsmith, welcome to snowheads. In a sense, welcome to Britain, where the people are unfriendly, ignorant, overly sensitive and horribly fragile. No doubt the Bits could learn a lot from the people of Kz.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnsmith, welcome to snowHeads. Hope you enjoy the forum. Don't worry, not all the people here are as rude as PJSki Wink What's the skiing like in Kazakhstan? There would be lots of us who would love to know, even if visiting there is unlikely.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, why do you go briefing new people against me? Nothing better to do with your life?
latest report
PJSki wrote:
rob@rar, why do you go briefing new people against me? Nothing better to do with your life?

Sometimes when people open a door for you, you just have to walk through. Stop opening doors would be my advice to you...
snow conditions
PJSki, don't be so reactive, step back and look at your past record on here under all your well known pseudonyms.
snow report
johnsmith, welcome to snowHeads, where not everybody is xenophobic and/or rude. At least it would seem that the person who provoked your first post (which I guess arose from your having searched 'Kazakhstan' Laughing) is not a frequent poster.
snow report
David Goldsmith, How much is a Beer in Kazakhstan? wink

johnsmith, welcome to snowheads, we arent all unfriendly, ignorant, overly sensitive.. How about a snow report from your ski area snowHead
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
PJSki, all your well known pseudonyms.

what would those be so i know when to switch off?
ski holidays
skimottaret,

Boredsurfing & boredsurfin Very Happy wink Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, and here i was wondering if one was Fr0sty the Sn0wman wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy