Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it advisable to take out a 2nd insurance policy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

My wife and I are off to Niederau on the 13th Jan, looking at the various weather forecasts & webcams, conditions are looking pretty bad as metcheck reports rain for next week with a freezing level above 3000m! Shocked

I already have insurance for the trip but I'm now seriously thinking of taking out a 2nd policy with better payouts for piste closure so we can then claim on both and receive twice the compensation?

Any advice is much appreciated as I'm panicking this holiday is going to be a washout - literally!!!

Thanks!

_ Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mikeb2168, I don't think insurance works like that, you may have 2 insurance companies trying to avoid paying out instead of one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mikeb2168, that sounds like fraud to me. I'd be very careful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ditto pistemeister & laundryman. Also insurance companies share claims information, AFAIK
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yep - most insurers will have clauses to cover themselves - they will only pay out what you need - and if someone else has done that then they wont.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice everyone, will try and cancel my existing policy before taking out any other.

- Mike
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mikeb2168, Dont waste your money, with snow making machines most resorts will make sure that at least one piste is open so they dont have to give the lift pass money back .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mikeb2168, If you're double insured the two insurers would simply share the cost under an agreement (the name of which escapes me for the moment). However, I don't think travel insurers share info (officially Shocked ) as, under the terms of the data protection act, unless they advise you and you agree to them doing so, it would be illegal. Your call. I suspect you'll be OK for snow to an extent sufficient enough for no pay out to be due.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikeb2168, don't cancel your policy. if you take out a new policy now they will simply refuse to pay out as the claim copuld have been foreseen at the time when you took out the policy - I'm afraid it's what you've got or nothing at all
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
mikeb2168, If you're double insured the two insurers would simply share the cost under an agreement (the name of which escapes me for the moment). However, I don't think travel insurers share info (officially Shocked ) as, under the terms of the data protection act, unless they advise you and you agree to them doing so, it would be illegal. Your call. I suspect you'll be OK for snow to an extent sufficient enough for no pay out to be due.

This is my understanding also. You are usually asked with an inusrnace claim to confirm you're not claiming under any other policy. If you say yes, insurers share costs. If you say no, you could get in trouble
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dan100, Certainly it's the case where indemnity is concerned... ie the point of insurance is to put you back into the same financial position you were in before the loss occurred. So, you can't be double indemnified. Your travel insurer will pay the claim but write to your household insurer to ask for a contribution. If it's discovered you've claimed twice you're technically a naughty boy! However, there is an argument that claiming for a benefit of a policy (ie £x per day piste closure) then you can get fully paid out on all policies you've bought.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy