Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids' boots - Salomon Course 70 or Performa T3?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son's 8th Birthday is approaching and I'm considering buying him ski boots as a birthday present. He'll get good use out of them as most weekends he has skiing lessons at the "local" dry slope and hopefully when the snow arrives he'll use them on the Scottish ski slopes at the weekends........

Anyway, my 2 local ski shops have 2 boots for sale individually (see below) but can't really tell me much about them apart from the marketing bumf on the sali web site. Also, they can't (or won't) compare them as they don't stock the other boot, plus they may just be after a sale!

Anyway my son is progressing onto proper parallel turns, is a confident skier and I would like to buy him boots to match. Normally I would have gone for the T3s but as there is only a £10 price difference between the shops for the more "technical" boot Course 70. He has tried them both on (size 22) and they fit and feel equally well.

I wonder if someone can give me advice on suitability of these boots (BTW: I think the Course 70 is the next "boot up" from the T3 in the range)

Cheers

Rik

Course 70 - A perfect boot to start competing, acknowledged as one of the best fitting boots on the market. Durable and strong, adapted to kids’ size and weight, it is the ideal boot to help your kids become the skiers they want to be! Flex index 70.

Performa T3 - "The Performa T3 is the boot to progress in. Comfortable and warm, this boot will allow kids and young teenagers to improve their style and technique".
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I am very much NOT an expert, but can tell you that my daughter 7 & her best friend 9 love the performa T3. They both ski as fast as possible & are learning the fun park - they also are learning to race, but neither does parallels. They both say that it is the most comfy boot around.

The Course is a bit more serious looking with its extra clip & velcro strap - does your dry ski slope have any he could try? hope you get some replies from people who know a bit more - sorry I can't tell you anything techie Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would recommend you go for the boot your son can bend comfortably.

A boot that can't easily be flexed can affect balance and the ability to make clean arcs in the snow. When he gets a little older/heavier/more aggressive a stiffer boot will be fine.

Good luck.

Jon
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rikochet, i am with narrowlast on this one, i would think that unless he is a mighty big or powerful 8 year old then the T3 will be the better option
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rikochet, additionally, I should have said that my 7 yr old is v.tall (1.30) & her friend too - so the T3's are good for kids into early teens.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the advice, it look like the T3s are the one to go for as the will be more flexible and the safer option.

Cheers

Rik
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy