Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES Snowheads meeting

Poster: A snowHead
Any snowheads visiting Tignes want to meet for a few beers and a chat?

Have arranged with the Alpaka Lodge,Tignes Le Lac,(www.alpaka.com) to offer all snowHead local/seasonaire prices Blush on drinks & to provide a few free nibbles on Tuesday evenings Blush
Just rock up 6.30 ish & mention that you are a snowHead Will make this a regular event if popular Laughing

Stewart
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
May well do just that. Over First week in Feb.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, I'm in Tignes from the 14th, a lot will depend on my 5 year old as she'll be in tow, but 6:30 will probably be doable! I'll be in contact.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevew,

Obviously bring your daughter along too.Does she like dogs? The Alpaka has a very small Irish Wolfhound Razz
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, yes I remember the dogs - I won't tell her about them as she can be a little nervous with them, but normally sat near the fire ......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart, whoa - our very first sH rep, complete with social hour! Although I don't remember seeing you in a lime green jacket..... wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy,

'Lime Green' You must be JOKING Razz Razz

Will keep wearing 'The family ROUGE jacket'

Watch out for some ski hire discounts!! Blush Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew, My Missus is also scared of dogs so she can keep your little 'un company Smile

stewart woodward, We'll be there next week!

Can you arrange a discount at Nevada Sports in the Palafour please, I need to get some new boots and PG has recommended Franck Peyrat to me as the best bootftitter in Tignes Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward wrote:
Will keep wearing 'The family ROUGE jacket'

Ah - the FUR-TRIMMED one? NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Met up with snowHead Kaiser last night in the Alpaka for a beer & chat.

Kaiser is the first lucky snowHead to receive a discount on his drinks Blush

nbt not sure about discount at Nevada sport but as i have to go there today i will ask.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
. . . And as the Alpaka has Internet points in the bar - you could all bring your laptops and let us all join in Toofy Grin

stewart woodward, Just a few weeks too late for myself, cathy and take 'em out Tomsk to benefit, perhaps we shall have to organise a return trip. Little Angel

The FUR was very fetching BTW wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So the drinks discount is at any time, not just on Tues evenings? That's good of them Toofy Grin Well done you! snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy wrote:
So the drinks discount is at any time, not just on Tues evenings? That's good of them Toofy Grin Well done you! snowHead

Sorry, obviously did not make it clear, the drinks discount is any time Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Doh! I must have had the thicky baton Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IncogSkiSno, someone from my Snoworks group is back out this week Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
IncogSkiSno, someone from my Snoworks group is back out this week Evil or Very Mad Very Happy

Had a beer and a chat with her tonight Laughing She passes on her regards and says are you jealous Puzzled
snow report
I'll be out there later this month....... Smile

stewart woodward, can you recommend a hire shop in Le Lac? For ski and boards. There could be a beer in it for you.........
ski holidays
the ice perv wrote:

stewart woodward, can you recommend a hire shop in Le Lac? For ski and boards. There could be a beer in it for you.........

Precision/snow fun. Give me a couple of days just to confirm discounts available for snowHead
snow report
stewart, do you have a web site for your brit ski tuition in Tignes?. We're tignes regulars and my partner likes to book some lessons during our time there. Smile
snow conditions
george owen wrote:
stewart, do you have a web site for your brit ski tuition in Tignes?. We're tignes regulars and my partner likes to book some lessons during our time there. Smile

Sorry George no web site send me a pm with dates etc and i will get back to you.

Your wife might like to check out www.theflyingtherapist.co.uk for that little extra whilst on holiday Blush
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
cathy wrote:

Had a beer and a chat with her tonight Laughing She passes on her regards and says are you jealous Puzzled

You bet! Evil or Very Mad But looks she's going to have a great time this week snowHead
snow conditions
george owen, Stewart was my instructor on a recent Snoworks course in Tignes in Dec. I can recommend his tuition - previous threads here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=496050#496050
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=505290#505290
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
Your wife might like to check out www.theflyingtherapist.co.uk for that little extra whilst on holiday Blush

That's a slightly unfortunate URL there, it can be read 2 ways Shocked
latest report
Fenland,
There's always one - you! Shocked
snow report
stewart woodward, Hope to see you on the 16 Jan then, around 6:30.
ski holidays
Had our inagural snowhead meeting in the Alpaka tonight. snowHead

Not many actual snowheads there but lots of lurkers!! They need to come out of the closet.
rolling eyes rolling eyes
Looks like we could have a bigger gathering next week as quite a few snowHead are heading our way
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
Had our inagural snowhead meeting in the Alpaka tonight. snowHead

Not many actual snowheads there but lots of lurkers!! They need to come out of the closet.
rolling eyes rolling eyes

Did they join in? Or stand to one side watching? wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hi all you snowHead in Tignes this week. Don't forget to come to the Alpaka Tuesday evening for a drink & chat Little Angel

If anybody fancies an earlier meeting i will be in there tonight from about 8.00pm rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, Hi stewart, have booked Tignes w/c sunday 28th Jan so will in the Alpaka for a couple of Mutzigs pronto wink .We'll be mob-handed. Myself,Claire, my 18 yr. son Max and one of his mates. Have confirmed booking thro' Mark Warner this evening (Aigiulle Percee)... nice central location, roughly in the centre of the bermuda triangle of bars Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .. I note from a thread above that there might be a possibility of some discount on equipment hire for snowheads?? any more news?
any other snowheads out that week? Look forward to meeting up. Hope the temperatures start to drop a bit to keep the base in good nick and a bit more snow would be nice.
snow conditions
stewart woodward, i asked in another thread about wifi connections in tignes, but is there any net cafes or bars where tinternet can be used for msn messenger etc so I dont have to bring my laptop with me
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
the ice perv wrote:

Precision/snow fun. Give me a couple of days just to confirm discounts available for snowHead

Would that stretch to Precision in Val d'Isere???? I know a snowHead who is hiring from there in a couple of weeks or so who would certainly appreciate any discounts that could be negotiated.....

[/cheeky mode]
snow report
stewart woodward, what a decent chap you are for getting the party atmosphere going for all snowHead visitors.

I'm coming out to Le Lac on 28 Jan, so will definitely try and get my group (10 of us) out to the Alpaka on the Tuesday night.

Apologies for the ignorance as this is my first time to Tignes, but are the Alpaka and Precision Ski (for those who will be hiring) in the Le Lac part of town? We're actually going to be at the Chalet Camille (one of the Ski Olympic places), and some of our group tend to go and hire from either the nearest place or the one recommended by the tour rep - which may not be the best or good value!

Many thanks - Jon.
ski holidays
Renry wrote:
stewart woodward, i asked in another thread about wifi connections in tignes, but is there any net cafes or bars where tinternet can be used for msn messenger etc so I dont have to bring my laptop with me

You can access tinternet from various bars without your laptop.
Not sure of them all but try Lavachet Lounge, Jam Bar in Lac or Maison de Tignes in Le lac.

You will definatley find somewhere
ski holidays
Ski hire discounts.

Will chase the guy in question tonight and post info later
ski holidays
Welcome to snowHeads jmdohanlon! snowHead

Yes, the Alpaka and Precision Ski are both in Le Lac Very Happy
latest report
Thinking of going to les brevieres this saturday for the week, does anyone know if its possible to ski down to the village and what is the accommadation like?
snow conditions
alan price wrote:
Thinking of going to les brevieres this saturday for the week, does anyone know if its possible to ski down to the village and what is the accommadation like?

Skiing down to Les Brevieres is possible but a little rocky in places depending on which run you take. The Sache is bumpy and a little bare at the bottom but the other runs are ok (info hot of the press tonight from nbt snowHead )

The accomodation, like all resorts, is varied and is dependant upon the price you pay. Puzzled
snow report
How about the rest of the area (we're trying to decide if we should ditch our chalet in wengen) Puzzled
ski holidays
alan price wrote:
How about the rest of the area (we're trying to decide if we should ditch our chalet in wengen) Puzzled

Go to Tignes snow report 2006/7 for latest info Blush

Met a couple of snowHead tonight in the Alpaka and they couldn't believe how good the snow is after all the doom & gloom in the UK press.
ski holidays
Cathy, Thanks for the reply and the welcome to snowheads. Been reading the posts for a week or so now - lots of good advice and friendly people on these borads. I wish all were as accommodating rther than jumping down people's throats with "you pillock" type replies
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy