Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski In, walk out with Parlor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from spending New Year in Verbier.
As the more attentive (and bored of hearing about it) amongst you will be aware we are lucky enough to have our own shack in Le Chable, the valley village below Verbier.
All last season I wondered if it was possible to ski all the way down, and if it was what the route would be. I am very aware that there are some "no go" cliff zones in between them...I needed somebody to show me the route, just following tracks was a non-starter, what if the tracks belonged to some idiot who didn't know the way either?

So on the 1st I met up with Parlor for a long postponed drink and the subject got around to skiing down. He volonteered to show the way if we ever got enough snow.
That night....SNOW!
Next morning still snowing, but we agreed to give it a go.
Myself and my son, Parlor and his other half. Parlor using his telemark stuff for the first time in powder.

It is a long way! Took us about 2.5 hours I think.
Some deeeep powder, some shallow powder with the odd rock.
A few good falls and a few gardens en-route.

We only had to walk about 200 yards of road at the bottom because somebody had fenced off the route. So guess where I slipped over and hurt my hip and elbow?!

Anyway...my shack is now officialy ski-in (but walk out). A day to remember.

Parlor and his other half are really great people. I also saw the chalet that they run (still some weeks available!) and it looks very nice. Really quaint wooden chalet, great views about 5 min level(ish) walk to the Medran lift. Book now!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, Skied it about 3 million times in February 1999, there were no other lifts or runs open in Verbier for 3 days or more due to too much snow. The itinerary ( dotted black ) was the only sking we could find. It was fortunate that the telecabine from/to Le Chable was running.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should mention (for those that know the route) that we started at the top of La Chaux shoulder, along the Forntournay ridge and then down, down, down through farms above Montagnier before traversing at low level to Le Chable.

The Medran-Le Chable direct route would be a lot shorter, but I'm yet to do it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, skied the Medran - Le Chable route the following day due to the queues at Medran. It's as I remembered. Rubbish. The snow was too.

Thanks for the kind words re the chalet. Availability is running low, so for all those people that don't own a beautiful place like rungsp and want to experience some real skiing, get booking Wink

We walked down today with the dogs, that only took us an hour and half... doesn't say much for my telemarking! Perhaps I should stick to telemarketing... Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey parlor, and rungsp, I can do jealous too you know. Mad Curses and damn you barstewards Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy