Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was in St Anton from the 28th Dec to Jan 4th, three days of sun and on New Year's day rain leading to snow until Wednesday. On the first few days pistes were in pretty good condition as temperatures were low enough and some good on-piste skiing with most lifts open. There was no off-piste and open runs relied completely on snow-making with grass to be seen to the top of Kapall (approx 2400m I think). From Monday there was a major snow fall with decreasing visability and strong winds up high. Tuesday and Wednesday were wonderful powder days if a little windy and poor visability above treeline. By Wednesday afternoon the clouds had lifted and the whole mountain landscape was in site to behold covered in lovely white powder. Not many lift queues at all which was great and surprising considering the time of year. Pistes were busy but not exceptionally do and no worse than anywhere eles I have skied.

Having not been to St Anton before I would say it is a super resort although it can be expensive, e.g. internet was 10c per minute, charged for ski storage in hire shop, Taxi from Nasserien to St Jakob was €14, maybe only journey 1-1.5kms, some bars have a cover charge.

However we got a lovely pension in St Jakob right beside the church and beside ski bus stop, only €32 per night on suite with buffet breakfast. There was a wonderful open air New Year party at the kirche in St Jakob with super fireworks and a bar made from snow! Very handy for me as only a 50m stumble down the hill home. Also a great ski show on the 30th Dec with all the ski school staff taking part on the World Cup race piste.

For good value eating with good food would recommend Pomodoro on Dorfstrasse, for apres ski the Krazy Kangaroo and Mooserwirt, for bootfitting go to Jennewein Sports at the top of the main street beside the bus terminal, was recommended to me by someone I meet so sent my girlfriend in as she has lots of foot problems. They really spent time over it and were really experienced, definitely recommned them for experience, honesty and patience. Also staff in Intersport Nasserein were helpful, especially when someone knicked my skis!

Didn't get over to Stuben, Lech or Zurs and thinking about another trip to St Anton this season as everyone was so friendly and the resort is so international with people from everywhere there. Next time I go will try and be a bit closer to the action as St Jakob a bit of a walk if you don't want to wait for the night bus that runs every hour after the free bus finishes at 6.30.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy