Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bernese Oberland (Interlaken Based)-Which area to ski for a day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to the Bernese Oberland tomorrow for the day. Which area is the best to ski, there seems to be 3 choices, Kl Scheidegg/mannlichen, Murren/Schilthorn and First. I consider myself to be an expert skier and will either be on telemarks or Pocket Rockets (PR if it snows tonight and there is powder). Any advice would be appreciated as I want to get the best out of the day. (PS its been very warm here in switzerland, rain falling to around 1500m today so I note the Schilthorn area is higher) Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swissskiwhisky, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If going just for the day, I'd be tempted to head up to the Schilthorn....but I don't know what local conditions are like at the moment. If you check the Jungfrau ski region thread later, we have a few snowHeads out in the area who may well log on and give an up-to-date report of the current conditons.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok will do, thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep I think I agree with Elizabeth B, the Schilthorn if the snow reports are good, however if visibility is bad you may prefer to cruise in the trees below Kleine Schiedegg, the skiing is no where near as challenging but at least you will get some visibility, also head there in strong winds as these often cause the cablecars to shut
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
all of the mannlichen/scheidegg pistes are wet and sticky lower down on them, was very windy today and snow/ice coming down. Slightly raining at the moment and toooo warm. Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy