Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mounting bindings on Fischer RX8 skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought Fischer RX8s from ski-bilek (Germany) and in my haste to complete the process forgot to ask them to mount the bindings (FS 11 Railflex 2). Embarassed After this, I got an automated email saying that if you don't ask for the bindings to be mounted at the time of purchase, then tough (more or less). Sad I've emailed an appeal.

Now the question. Do all RX8s come from the Fischer factory with the Railflex rails mounted on the skis? Puzzled If that is the case, then I've no problem with the remainder of the setting up process. Smile If they don't then I'll need to find somebody to attach the rails to the skis (I've tried mounting bindings on a set of wrecked skis and it was a less than successful experiment). Any recommendations (apart from taking more time to complete the order!)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jtr, I had no such problems or e mail. Perhaps this is a new policy Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, I think it must be. I bought skis from them last year and there was no mention about having to ask for the bindings to be mounted, which was one of the reasons that I didn't notice it this time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jtr, They are easy to do. The rails are built in to the skis so don't need you to do anything with them. Underneath the bindings are click settings at the front and back. Just set them both to the same value which equates to the length of your boot. The binding then just slides onto the rail and is secured by a single bolt.

The bindings should come with a set of instructions, but even if they don't you won't find it difficult.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jtr, Recently brought a pair of RX fire from ski bilek other than asking for boot sole length don't remember them asking if I wanted bindings mounted. A couple of weeks later brought a pair of Blizzard skis which came with bindings but not an integrated system and when I came to complete purchase had to pay an add.8 euros if I wanted bindings fitted. I would be very surprised if the RX8's did not have the rails already mounted.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. I've downloaded the Tyrolia (i.e. Fischer OEM) 06/07 technical manual from their USA site and, assuming the rails are fitted, it does look straight forward (I've done the same thing with Atomic Neox binding). Here's hoping.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
jtr, I had no such problems or e mail. Perhaps this is a new policy Puzzled

I bought them a little after FTs-if you wanted them fitted you had to give your boot size in mm. Whether this was by email or by internet link I can't recall but this was certainly the case for a purchase via Ebay.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan100, I supplied the boot length at the time of purchase. It's just a change of policy and I didn't pay enough attention. I got this email from them
Quote:

We have received your payment and your articles either are in mounting or being prepared for shipping. If you didn't buy the mounting of the binding the ski and the binding will be send unmounted

I'm not complaining, especially given the price but it's something to watch out for in future.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jtr, They'll be a doddle, similar to Neox. Don't forget the forward pressue adjustment which, like the Neox, shouldn't be adjusted with the boot in the bindings to avoid damaging the thread.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to complete this, the RX8s arrived with the bindings unmounted but the rails were on / were part of the skis. The bindings were very easy to mount and adjust but I did need the Tyrolia technical manual to check the forward pressure. Remember to add the 8 Euro fitting charge if you're buying non-integrated skis+bindings from them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy