Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF in Belle Plagne - Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used the ESF in Belle Plagne? My 4 year old daughter is having her 1st ever ski lesson on Sunday and I'm stressing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PowderBabe, Probably the quietest week of the year, so numbers should be at a reasonanble level. Dont know what your plans are but a couple of hours instruction is enouh at that age in our experience. Have a grreat holiday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, She's only going in the mornings and my parents are coming with us, so that if she's too tired to ski with us in the afternoon, they can go off and play somewhere. I thought it might be a really quiet week so fingers crossed. I'm not expecting her to be able to ski really well by the end of the week, Ijust want her to have fun really.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PowderBabe, I think your set up is just about perfect for a 4 yr old.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Thank you for putting my mind at rest!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Thank you for putting my mind at rest!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
don't know why i posted twice. sorry!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PowderBabe, Did you post this twice or is this a site glitch?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just refreshed and it re-posted?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PowderBabe, If its her first ever time on skis then yes she will be very tired - ours were at that age. But loved playing in snow and sledging in the afternoon.

Not sure how you have booked with ESF, but we learnt that you have to go to the ESF office at start of week to register/pay and get the relevant paperwork and ski card. We booked direct and they neglected to tell us that, which caused some confusion for us and them!

As a cautionary note, our daughter (also 4) was also with ESF last week in Vallandry. As she has skied before and had many private lessons at Xscape, I was somewhat disappointed that they never progressed beyond the bunny slopes all week. We ended up taking her ourselves to the higher slopes. However, if first time on skis then not a problem. Again as it is likely to be a smaller group due to time of year, and the snows better, your daughter may be luckier.

Depending on funds and time etc, you may want to consider a private lesson with New Generation who I believe operate in La Plange. A google search will find their site.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Depending on funds and time etc, you may want to consider a private lesson with New Generation who I believe operate in La Plange. A google search will find their site.

NewGen don't operate in La Plagne. Their only school in the Paradiski is in Vallandry.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 4-01-07 12:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, my mistake, thought they did from a conversation with them a year or so back
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
rob@rar, my mistake, thought they did from a conversation with them a year or so back

They might well be thinking about it as they seem to be in expansion mode at the moment, with new bases popping up around the Alps. Just hope that they can keep the quality of their instructors high.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 4-01-07 12:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="rob@rar"][quote="Boris"]Depending on funds and time etc, you may want to consider a private lesson with New Generation who I believe operate in La Plange. A google search will find their site.[/quote]

NewGen don't operate in La Plagne. Their only school in the Paradiski is in Vallandry.[/quote][/quote]

Oxygene are in Plagne http://www.oxygene-ski.com/english/homepage.lasso. I had group lessons with them last year, but they also do private. I would definitely recommend.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, may I ask who she's had pvt lessons from at MK?
snow report
slikedges, Not entirely sure as my wife took her. Was a woman one week and 3 seperate chaps - all ok it would seem. Just booked them via Xscape site. I'll ask Mrs this evening if she can recall.

On a sort of related note, with both our boys and with daughter, we have struggled to find lessons in the UK at a young age - most of the groups start at 6. Tamworth have some very basis into lessons and MK have a Parent and Toddler session, which is where you basically teach them yourself! However they do require a 1-1 ratio, which is tricky when you have twins.

Private lessons are pricey but worth it
snow report
PowderBabe, I learnt with ESF Belle Plagne two years ago as a complete beginner and did well enough to enjoy myself and get hooked.... My then four-year old daughter also learnt with them and was fine - they don't take them up the mountain; there's a jardin des neiges (snow playground) on the Belle Plagne piste behind the Turquoise hotel that they use. Stress not!
ski holidays
TallTone, Thank you! As I mentioned before we're not that worried about her being a great skier at this age, just want her to enjoy it and have loads of fun in the snow! She's quite girly so we don't want to make her do too much and then hate it so much she doesn't want to go again! Can you imagine... but she is very excited about going so I reckon she'll be fine.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been packing!!
snow conditions
PowderBabe, Going green Packing is what comes just before flying before skiing!

Your daughter should be just fine. My daughter is a girly-girl too...
ski holidays
Boris, I've got to say that at £140/hr at MK I find them prohibitively so! Shocked
snow report
TallTone, PowderBabe, Disabuse them of this dreadful afliction immediately! Shocked Shocked
latest report
slikedges, I would at that price to!

For a junior 30min private lesson we paid £36 still pricey but IMHO worth it
snow report
Boris, much more reasonable, esp if it's on the quieter lesson slope with the travelator, and not on the queue for 10min and see the sights main slope! I used to take the kids to Hemel dry as it was £47 for all three for a 1 hour private IIRC, but that's prob just a little too far for you I'd guess. Your nearest dry is probably the Ackers in Brum.
snow conditions
slikedges, was on the private lesson slope so very good.

Not sure nearest dry slope, Hemel is easy to reach for us, but being within 30mins of MK we do tend to go there more than anywhere else.
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
TallTone, PowderBabe, Disabuse them of this dreadful afliction immediately! Shocked Shocked

easiski that may just be the first thing you've ever said with which I disagree! Shocked I have a boy's boy son, a girly-girl daughter, and an Alice, and wouldn't be without any. (Those that get to meet my family will understand this description!)
ski holidays
I think all girls are girly-girl at 4/5 - any colour as long as its pink!
latest report
Hi all!

Got back Saturday night, she loved skiing, was a bit lazy in the lessons apparently (we spied on her and she kept taking her skis off!) but when she came out with us in the afternoon she was going for it. Bit out of control but she loved it!!

Can't wait til the next trip to see how she progresses.

TallTone, what's an "Alice"??
latest report
PowderBabe wrote:

You have to meet one to know! Twisted Evil

Glad your daughter enjoyed herself - and you too!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris, TallTone, You are both right, all girls are girly girls at 4 years of age! We'll make a skier of her yet.
snow conditions
TallTone wrote:
PowderBabe wrote:

You have to meet one to know! Twisted Evil

Glad your daughter enjoyed herself - and you too!

i have a daughter called alice and you really do have to meet one to know what they are about she is definately not a girly girl but shes not a boy either !! she is herself
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy