Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Technogym Cardio Wave for training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.technogym.com/cardiowave/default.asp?pc=0&lng=2

Chuffed to bits when I arrived at the gym today. Mentioned to the PT that I needed some pre-ski training and he introduced me to their brand new toy! In the run-up to my hols I will be training on this and using the PowerPlate for my stretching.

Has anyone else used one yet?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clara_jo wrote:
...Has anyone else used one yet?

No but the image on their brochure raised my heatbeat wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They've just got a couple at the gym I go to - only noticed it when I was about to start a Step class, so haven't had a chance to have a go yet. Maybe I'll get a go on Saturday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've got a few at the gym at work - i generally use them as 'warmup', but the other night decided to make it into a cardio session.... after 15mins at 186bpm I was knackered....
the arm workout makes these much more 'whole body' than just treadmill / spin.

A couple of tips:
- bring some decent dance music*, at a speed you can 'run' (or whatever it's called when you're using one of these machines).... helps keep a pace
- close your eyes and imagine all the perfect turns and jumps you'll be doing whilst skiing - stops you getting bored.

(other music genres might work - Linkin Park seem to do the trick, too)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I started with 10 mins warmup on the Concept 2 and then went on the Cardio Wave. I haven't added the arm workout yet (well, except for the alternate arm/leg motion as shown in picture 4) - clinging onto the handles with exhaustion was about all I could manage by the end of my set today. I maintained about 168 bpm over 20 mins. Feel better after working out on that, though, than I do on any other machine.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The cross trainer in my gym tells me my cardio workout bpm is 144!

Quoting 168 & 186(!) is making me feel very old Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnnyboy, Don't worry. Miguel Indurain’s max HR during the Tour de France was only about 155 BPM and his resting rate was 28 BPM. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can cope easily enough with an hour at 144bpm, it's just that the machine provides the rate when I enter my age! Perhaps it's trying to tell me something.

Induran was an amazing cyclist, could possibly have won more tours if he hadn't ridden as lieutenant to Delgado when he had already the better rider.

Will think of all those cyclists on Saturday on my way up to Alpe d'Huez though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I suppose its them and us syndrome isn't it. Looks a great toy. This is what I slave on at home http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/for/253464598.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When I used to go to a gym and used the stepper I could barely get my heartrate up to 135, however hard I tried Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
has anyone used the skiers edge machine
i have a chance to buy one cheap and would like to hear if they are any good for specific skiing stamina Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy