Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newgen Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I tried to get on the Warren Smith course in Verbier but it was fully booked for the week we'll be there (20-27 January), and having read some good opinions from snowHeads about Newgen in Courchevel, I've just booked one of their Technical Performance clinics, which is 2 x 3 hour sessions.

It looks as if they're new in Verbier, and we've got an instructor called Tom (hopefully the same one that Yoda rated highly in another thread. But while searching on here I've seen that some people haven't been so happy with them and have had problems Sad .

I had to rate our level of skiing as well, there are little video clips to download and watch to see the standard. MrQ and I aren't really used to lessons, we've had a couple recently with Easiski but mostly for all the years we've been skiing we've just skied around with friends.

I've got a significant birthday that week and the skiing's my present so I won't be happy if I've made a mistake. I'll let you know snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I've got a significant birthday that week and the skiing's my present so I won't be happy if I've made a mistake.

Had we better warn them? Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RachelQ, it looks like there will be quite a few snowHeads in resort that week snowHead

sadly for you, this includes me Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, Laughing what exactly are you implying? Little Angel

marc gledhill, yes I know, Linds and Spyderjon are on the course with you aren't they? We're planning on meeting up - my birthday's on the Tuesday - so a bit of a party seems to be in order Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, it's a BIG birthday if I recall? I'm not sure if there's enough candles in Verbier wink Laughing

Yes NewGen are new to Verbier but I've done a few NewGen Tech Clinic's in Courchevel & they're great - but be prepared to be worked & not just have smoke blown up ya ar$e. If it's Tom from Courchevel then he's excellent. If you have a problem with them then be sure to tell them as they're an organisation that really stands by their customer service.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never heard of Verbier running out of Champagne, but I suppose anything may be possible. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RachelQ
Quote:
I tried to get on the Warren Smith course in Verbier but it was fully booked for the week we'll be there (20-27 January), and having read some good opinions from snowHeads about Newgen in Courchevel, I've just booked one of their Technical Performance clinics, which is 2 x 3 hour sessions.

Probably one of my postings re bad NewGen Exprience. Was CV1850, but same organisation. Had both good an bad. 2 x group lessons, 3 x pvt lessons and should of had 1 x clinic. First year (after 15 years of no ski) was great, Jan 2005. Bad was (Jan 2006) and the cancellation of a clinic a few hours before it was supposed to start. I was on the slopes when they called me. (one good reason for not being in touch) One person cancelled, they said it was not economic to have it continue. I got a full refund, but that wasnt the point. I'd planned my first few days arround the clinic, then too late to locate an alternative. They were NOT interested on how it affected me, only themselves. Good\Bad was (Jan 2006) a group lesson, after being in wrong group, clearly evident within 5 mins, (being asked to ski down slope with poles sticking out of head like antenae, to aid poise and balance was the final straw) was expected to stay for 2 hrs. Complained and next day I was bumped up a group, then OK. But wasted first day! Again CV1850 Jan 2006. Crying or Very sad
Had pvt lessons as well, these were fine, but cannot remember the name of instructors! Embarassed
So in summary, in CV1850 2005 great, 2006 much room for improvement!

It's also down to the instructor you get. Do not believe the name they give you on the booking form, in 3 weeks of lessons \sessons I never got the instructor named on the form!
Good luck!

Oh yes, and have a happy significant birthday! wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, yes, it's a big birthday and I don't want candles, just champagne NehNeh

Kramer, I don't think Verbier ever runs out of anything, but if they get short of champagne, maybe you could send a magnum or two out for the 23rd Laughing

BMF_Skier, thanks for that, I think it was your post I read. Hopefully it will be a wonderful experience and I'll be able to post a happy report. Whatever, it's skiing, not working snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

just champagne

RachelQ, John's buying then Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Linds, mais oui Very Happy Care to join us Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Care to join us

Well if you insist, I would love to join you Laughing
Tuesday 23rd, we will have to find out where the liveliest/best bar is Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy