Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been Panorama, BC?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have seen a very cheap deal to Panorama, BC for the last week of Feb this year. It's not a resort i've heard of before and wondered if anyone had been and/or had any thoughts on the place.

I'm intruiged as to why it is so cheap - there must be a reason, right?
Also, what is the skiing like, the piste map looks good but i know you can only tell so much from that
Finally, is Canada worth the trip for 1 week? - it looks like being around 14 hours travel to get there.

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevec, We have been there, there should be some reports around in here if you do a search. Flight to Calgary took 9.5 hours then it was a good 4 hour drive, so for a week it's a lot of travel time.

Also I have some photos in the media zone here for example

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 3-01-07 12:16; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check th resort report

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=7914

I'd say it's a hell of a way for a week. only go if you're desperate, there's good prices in europe as well
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevec, Also I would go again but it would need to be for 10 days/2 weeks and I would make it a two centre holiday with Kicking Horse or Banff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevec, I was there last january for 16 days and had a great time, if the snow is good taynton bowl is brilliant, most of the accomodation is slopeside and theres great hot tubs to relax in when you get off the slopes. I would go again and recommend the place but I would echo the above comments about making it a two centre holiday if there for a reasonable length of time. However I would go to Canada or the States for a week no questions asked if the price was right, you are only through here once so make the most of it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevec, Last minute.com= £279 each for 11 days over half term! My mum booked!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee, That is the same deal i spotted i think - leaving on 21/2 but only for 7 days not 10. Just seems almost to cheap!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevec, Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go for it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevec, £279 - our taxes and airport charges were more than that when we went Sad

Do you know who the airline is and how many times they have to stop to take on coal and water enroute Very Happy

Go for it at that price.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevec,I went there for a day's heliskiing when I was staying in Banff. It looked a nice little area although I don't think there are 100s of miles of piste.

If you fancy it the heliskiing outfit based there were brilliant, although that day cost more than your whole holiday!!

If you see a raffle going on there, enter it. One girl in our group had won a day heliskiing the night before in a raffle in a bar and didn't know until she rocked back to her room at 1am to find a message!!

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevec wrote:

Finally, is Canada worth the trip for 1 week? - it looks like being around 14 hours travel to get there.

The main reason for going to Canada for more than a week is to offset the cost of the flight, rather than because of the travel time. It might take 14 hours to get there, but the time difference is around 8 hours behind. So you can leave in the morning at home and be in the resort by late afternoon. Jetlag then kicks in and you're ready for bed and up bright and early the next morning for the first lift. No problem at all, easier than getting up early in Europe. Ok, you'll be trashed when you fly back home, but who cares?

If you're getting a cheap deal, go for it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went there last year and enjoyed it so much that I'm going back in February.

Don't go there unless you like life to be quiet. The resort comprises one bar, one general store, one pizza takeaway, two cafes, one rental shop, one equipment shop, a couple of restaurants and, ummm, that's it. The slopes aren't big, either, with only four real lifts. If you like endless intermediate cruisers, you'll be bored by lunchtime on your second day. This all sounds pretty negative, but the positives are so strong that they far outweigh the downsides.

You won't see a queue all week, and you'll probably never find a busy piste; many trails are literally deserted so you can enjoy some real mountain solitude. And there's plenty of tough stuff - it's certainly not in the Jackson Hole category but to take advantage of the place you need to be willing to tackle double diamond runs. If you like bumps, trees and powder bowls, it's a great place to go. By North American standards, it has a generous vertical drop and, unlike some resorts, you can ski from top to bottom without a break. And, finally, the ski school is excellent - probably the best we've used.

The deal you've seen is probably with Inghams in the Pine Inn and it crops up every year. The Pine is a bit basic but it's right on the slopes and you have access to the resort's outdoor pool and hot tubs. I'd describe it as adequate - smallish rooms, a bit scruffy and no service to speak of.

If you decide to go, you could rent a car and get some variety by taking day trips to Fernie, Kicking Horse or Lake Louise. I plan to sit tight and enjoy Panorama, myself - sometimes quality is better than quantity.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonny Jones, That's a pretty fair assessment - Tayton bowl is not exactly for the timid, although the conditions when we were there in late March 2004 were less than perfect. The pools were great, the resort staff very friendly as were most of the skiers we met there on the lifts etc. Ski school was as you say pretty good, we got some private 1 on 1s for SP, he was 9 at the time, and he had a great time and learned a lot.

It was quiet at night but quite lively in the afternoons at the main bar slopeside. There was live music and lots of Canadians from Edmonton having a whale of a time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm going in just over a week (13th) - from the intensive reading I've read that Pine Inn is OK but a bit basic. We're in a Gold Studio - got it for half price (And half price flights too) so it was pretty reasonable.
I can't be bothered with sitting on the road though so we're flying out of Calgary to Cranbrook, from there its around an hour in the car. I don't travel well at all!
Already booked the Snowmobiling (see Toby Creek Adventures) - should be top fun, and am highly tempted with some heli skiing (hell, you don't get these opportunities often!)

Luckily, I like the quiet life, and its just myself and the other half going so we don't need any big late night entertainment so thats fine.

Another plus though I hazard you've already noticed - is that thus far they're having an exceptional snow year (best since 1995) - ooh it makes me excited!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Steve, been there four times now... always on the lastminute offers that appear every year for some reason. Limited apres as already posted but some great skiing and some scary double diamond blacks!!! Pine Inn can get a bit rowdy in Canadian Holidays/Long Weekends. Great conditions at the moment though... ENJOY
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy