Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am 5 foot tall ski mainly blue and green groomed runs only. Ihave been skiing for 6 years and I am looking to buy some new skis. I am not agressive and more cautious but i would say that i am more intermidiate.

I have researched the net for womne specific skis and cant make up my mind on what type of ski to buy. I was looking at the Atomic Balanze 5:3 or Head Cool thang. Does anyone know about these or have any suggestions on any other ski?
My main concern is a light ski and binding and durability, something easy to turn.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My wife has a pair of Head Cool Thangs. They are really light and easy to use, yet still have good performance. She's very impressed after 2 weeks on them. She's an intermediate skier with about 4 weeks experience. She's also very light herself and not very aggressive, so she wanted a lightweight ski to match. She also demoed K2 One Luvs (too heavy) and Dynastar Exclusive 9 (a bit dull). She never tried the Atomics. If you want light and easy to turn, the Cool Thangs should be high up your list.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
She got her Cool Thangs from here for a very reasonable £175. Last year's graphics, but otherwise identical to the current model. Looks like they've only got really short ones left now though!

http://www.devonski.co.uk/index.htm?http://www.devonski.co.uk/skis_head.htm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, that is about the price i hace found on the websites areoun the usa. I am also glad to see that she had tried the k2's and found them too heavy.

I normaly ski on a 150cm. does your wife ski on a short ski too?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She went for 156 cm in the end. She's 5' 6" and weighs 52 kg.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rkvilla, My wife just upgraded from Rossi Saphirs to K2 Burnin Luvs. They are heavier to caryy, but she finds them MUCH better underfoot. They have given her a huge confidence boost when the conditions are less than perfect as they hold an edge really well and seem to turn where she wants them to. She says they don't seem heavy on her feet. She is around 5' 1 and weighs just under 60kg, she is also a 'cautious intermediate (or she was last season, now she's pushing that towards 'confident intermediate' snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy