Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of staying in the Sonnenheim area from 24 to 30 January. As it is not Saturday to Saturday, the choice on the website is limited. Does anyone have experience of accommodation in this area, or can you recommend any other three star B&B or half board hotel/pension in St Anton at a reasonable price? (circa 70 euros B&B or 100 euros HB)

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try this
http://www.arlberg.com/index.php?id=6&L=1

We stayed at the markus stroltz last year 52euro pp inc great breakfast.
It's in the "privatpension" section of the dropdown list. http://www.arlberg.com/markus.strolz/?L=1
Her family have another place next door so give it a try.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

jimmjimm

Thanks for your suggestions. Neither has availability, according to their websites, but I have sent emails, just in case.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anyone else have personal recommendations for accommodation in St Anton? Good to see the snow falling on 3sat this morning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Goldenes Kreuz and the Albona are both good B & Bs but you will need to check whether they have vacancies. I know it is better to have a definite booking but I am sure that the tourist board would find you somewhere in the town if you called in when you arrive.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed last year at Haus Gamberg very good B&B on Dorfstasse by the church.

Brigitte Mallner speaks good English 0043 5446 3479
haus.gamberg@ski-arlberg.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just thought I would report back. Found an excellent B&B about 20 mins walk up the hill towards St Christoph. It was in a superbly appointed apartment that would have slept four at a pinch. Breakfast was good and at only 30 euros each per night (plus the tax), excellent value. I had no idea that there would be accommodation at that price in St Anton. For the second half of our trip we stayed in UnterGand, again an apartment, but no breakfast, for 30 euros each per night. It was right at the start of the bus loop, so we always got a seat.

The skiing was great, cold at the start, 24 hours of new snow on Friday/Saturday, then three glorious days in the sunshine. We visited Lech/Zurs and skied some great powder beside the pistes. The bus system is great, just felt sorry for the guy who did the night bus run - an eight hour shift from 7 pm to 3 am, repeating the same two loops every hour.

Our first time in St Anton and it will not be the last.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy