Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian Dolomites - Snow Today

Poster: A snowHead
It snowed today in Passo... a welcome 15cm fell in the town and I guess quite a bit more up in the mountains...
Having said that the conditions weren't as bad as I had feared... 75% of the pistes were covered helped with lots of artificial... but now hopefully those runs which have not been open might just be opening up within the next couple of days
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi first time poster here Smile I hope you mean Passo Tonale? Im off to there on the 6th Jan, The webcams looked like they were showing new snow it was very hard to tell with the low clouds. Ive been very worried about the conditions so it would be good to hear some reasurance.
Thanx
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowblind, hello and welcome to Snowheads !
Ive never been to Italy - a fault a must correct in the future.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowblind, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

lampbus, that's what we thought - so we're going to Arabba in just over a month snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, Great place to start your Italian ski experience. We will be out in Arabba at Half Term, not for the first time for me but I have not been there for quite a few years and SP will be on his first trip there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi thanx for the warm welcome guys.

Yay! the webcams were back up today and there was a nice covering of fresh snow I just hope it keeps well or snows some more Smile

On Snowforecast.com its forecast snow all week but i dont know how reliable they are, any one have any veiws?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were in Arabba from boxing day to new years day and virtually the whole of the dolomites were open (1000km +), with something like 56 out of 62km open at Arabba. Virtually all the snow was artificial but it was quite amazing how good the skiing was, and the area really should be a model for other resorts which rely too much on the natural. Now there's been some more natural I would have thought the area should be fabulous if you stay on piste.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Myself, the currant wife, my sister and our minder ( brother in law ) are of to passo Tonale in Febuary, we would welcome any feed back whatsoever from anyone who has been before, as this will be a bit of a departure for us after many seasons in Andorra. We will be staying at the Cielo Blu, is it a trek to get to ski lockers from there ? anyone had any experience of one on one ski school ? price of ski equipment, is pizza nicer in Italy ? anything at all really ( good or bad !!!! ) look forward to hearing from you, have a great ( and safe ) season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I get the impression that the Dolomites are generally much colder than similar alitudes in the western Alps and probably have a lower humidity. That may be one of the reasons that their artifical snow installations are so effective.

Also I assume their flatter slopes hold artifical snow better without getting as badly scraped as the steeper French resorts.

Does anyone know ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plake,

I was in Arabba from 24th-30th December and had some great skiing - was dressed in yellow and black skiing on free-heel kit. One of only three other people I saw teleing all week. Will admit I spent more time doing parallel than tele turns. (Must get in more practice and improve my teles on steep and hard packed/icy runs). We had a great week - blue sky every day. Pistes were in very good condition considering the limited snow. Started of most mornings in really good shape, though by the end of the day some of the steeper runs were a bit scraped and icy in places sometimes with bare patches showing. Yet by next morning they always seemed to have them back in good nick by running the snowmaking overnight where needed and pisting well. At the beginning of the week a few pistes were closed - but they worked on most of these during the week making snow at night and had most open by the time we left. I was well impressed. First time I've been skiing in Italy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave
Just got back from Arabba, and I've got to say that considering how little snow had fallen the conditions were pretty good, especially on the the Porto Vescovo side. I kept an eye out for you but didn't see you. Probably because I was trying to catch the kids up all the time. It's still cold enough at night to make snow, so when they do get some the base should be pretty good.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Brooksie,
I was in and around the ski school lift ( the chair and the little button) most mornings when we dropped off my friends kids at the ski school. Should of been fairly obvious - dressed in black and yellow, on free heel kit and first thing on the less steep slopes was where you were most likely to see me actually telemarking. I only saw three other people on freeheel kit all week over the whole of the SellaRonda area. I should have stood out - though a lot of the time I resorted to alpine turns as my teles are not so good on the steep stuff, particularly if it hard packed. Also telemarking is never as fast as doing parallel turns and I had my friends two kids to try and keep up with Very Happy . I was surprised how quiet the dolomites were - we only had long lift queues once. Sods law says it was when we were doing the Sella Ronda green and running late to pick the kids up!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was in a bright yellow jacket and black skid lid and skied from that lift everyday. Shame we didn't hook up. If you go back next year we will. I thought Arabba had the best of the snow compared to Selva, Corvara and La Villa.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've stuck some pictures up here:

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/5228/cat/503

I'll add some more if people like them - as you can see there is no snow, the runs were very crowded, and it rained all week Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone been over to Selva recently? Fly out on the 20th for a week and would like an update on the conditions around that area.

Thanks
ski holidays
I skied through Selva Christmas week and conditions on piste were pretty good. The webcams are showing little change in Arabba as of yesterday compared to when I was there - so I reckon conditions should be unchanged as they will have been making snow on piste - they were while we were there.

Have a look at the pictures I put up today titled Arabba Xmas 06/07 they are mainly from around the SellaRonda and minclude the long red down into Selva - I think( but may be wrong) that the one I've linked to above of me posing in a tele stance is the long red down into Selva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy