Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Just got back from Saalbach....Skiing was pretty good despite the lack of fall. Snow machines were going non stop and it seemed that the majority of slopes were open. For anybody heading that direction this week there is snow forecast for the middle part of this week !...........We brought the two Dover siblings for the first time and the youngest had a nasty fall on our last morning...Bananna down the slope, ambulance to the clinic, extra seating on the plane home required (Thomas Cook Airlines staff were excellent by the way) and finally, a trip to the local childrens hospital here in Dublin.......She's in a cast for circa 6 weeks with a fracture and cruciate damage but it hasn't dampened her enthusiasm for her second trip next year !! If anyone requires specific info on Saalbach, let me know !

Ben
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ben Dover, A happyand quick recovery to the young Dover
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ben Dover -- Hope the littlun gets well soon.

How long was the transfer from Salzburg to Saalbach?

Was there skiing down to the village? What was the snow like at the bottom?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold,

The transfer was about 1hr 30mins.....Yep, there was skiing down to the village via the red/blue to the nursery slope and the black Schattenburg run which opened toward the end of last week.......

Little Dover is making a good recovery and enjoying the attention of countless boys who think it's cool that she has a typical pro footballer's injury !

Ben
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BD -- Thanks. Glad Junior Dover is recovering well.

Just looking at the webcam this am, and it looks like much of the new snow has so far missed Saalbach. Little more than 2 - 5cm, even up top.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Must have been a scary moment for all, hope the little Dover recovers soon, (not Ann by chance is it Confused )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to saalbach myself in 2 weeks time - 2 quick questions if you don't mind...

1. Can you recommend a good shop where I can buy ski boots?

2. Does the airport shuttle bus really only take 1.5 hours?? This could affect our last day as we want to get as much skiing in as possible.

Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are boot shops in Saalbach, but I think you would need to browse for what you want. I couldn't say one was ahead of the others from what I saw.

We were told to allow 2 hours from Saalbach to Salzburg Airport, but that might have been to allow for snow (you remember it?). 1,5 is about right. It would be not much more than an hour by car.

Saalbach is a great resort with plenty for everyone. Enjoy.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice one Ray.....But not factually correct !

Micksta, can't recommend one in particular as I wasn't buying but there did seem to be a difference in price with 'hiring' so I guess it might be the same for purchasing. I got my gear in Inter Sport but I suspect you can do better elsewhere. Be careful with the return trip as it took longer, granted we were picking up some folk from Zell but even allowing for that I still reckon it took at least 2 hours for some reason so I would concur with Chris !

Having looked after little 'Ann' Dover so well I've been hinting at a boys week in February as a 40th birthday present but it's falling on deaf ears at the moment.....I did miss out on approximately 15% of my skiing after all !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ben Dover, i blagged a boys week for my 40th and it commences in a fortnight.. whilst you still have a chance i fear you may have left it to late.. i started negotiations back in september.. a thursday/sunday or sat/tuesday could still be viable tactic
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone "on the ground" in Saalbach at the minute??? Due to go there on the 26th Jan
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm off to Saalbach on 23rd Jan and am hoping for a "live" comment about the current conditions too. Webcams look good, but the stats ain't great! I only get a 4 day break away each year so top snow is a must... Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy