Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do my boots fit me properly???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kind of similar to boo22's post on the forum bit didn't want to highjack his thread.

I have a pair of ski boots that I bought in Munich about 2 years ago. I have a pair of Nordica CX GT-S's. I bought them because I have narrow flat feet and I had to tighten hire boots right down to have any control at all.

I didn't have a proper fitting which was probably the bad start I didn't need. When I tried the boots on in the shop, they felt very snug and much better than anything i'd ever worn before. However, having skied on them i'm still not entirely sure they fit me properly. Since buying the boots i've replaced the footbeds with some superfeet to try and reduce the volume further. It seams to have helped but i'm still not all that confident with them.

So my question is, how do I know if my boots fit me properly??? Where should the pressure be and how much? Any help would be great. At the moment, i'm tempted to buy a new pair!!!!

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Kersh I bought my Nordica GTs 10 a couple of years ago and find them so good. I to have very narrow feet and any boot tried on in a rental shop that gave me the length (hence my nick name) ment my feet could move side to side and up and down, not really what you want.

When i bought them I tried them out for a couple of hours on our nearest dry slope and found one boot perfect while the other felt tight. I tried loosening but that didn't help. I actually thought I had to differnt sized boots. Back I went to the shop and he stuck a pad cut out of foam under the offending boots arch. I was very scepticle thinking it wasn't going to work but it did. It felt a bit strange to begin with and left it in for the first season. Last year I took it out and felt fine.

One thing the guy did tell me when I went back was not to tihten the boot to much across your foot area, actually when he sowed me how tight it should be it almost felt loose, just the gentilest of clicks down is all is needed. He said the inside of the boot when fitted correctly dosn't neeed to be cramped up.

So maybe you might be titening them to much or just need some arch supports under the linning. Take them to a reconised N0ordica dealer and I think they can be re-heated for your customized fit. If they where originally heated?

Best of luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bigtoe, cheers for the advice.

I did have them heat moulded shortly after I bought them. It did make a bit of difference accross the shin.

Maybe i'm tightening them too much then. When i'm not skiing, i'm climbing so i'm used to wearing shoes that are a nice tight fit. Maybe i'm trying the same with my ski boots too but with an adverse effect. I think I do have some slight movement side to side in the boots I have which is why I try and clamp my feet in them. Any ideas how I can retrospectively fit that?

bigtoe, I think i'll take your advice and go to a Nordica dealer and see what they can do ...... before selling me a new pair. Shocked rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kersh wrote:

So my question is, how do I know if my boots fit me properly???

Like a laced and tied approach shoe without buckling. Like a big wall shoe after buckling. Hooking slipper fits are for racers'n'wannabes'n'masochists.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy