Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada Spain - only for early risers

Poster: A snowHead
Have reluctantly decided that grabbing a days skiing while staying on the Costa del Sol (with my mum) is a non-starter under current conditions: currently only 8000 passes per day available and the resort is heaving by 8.30am according to the instructors I spoke to - sold out today before 10am. Of course it will all change when they get more snow but would suggest anyone going checks whats open and tries to see if the pass situation has changed before heading up there. Only a very limited amount of the runs are open right now hence the problem. If you are in Granada its only about 45 minutes up there (30 mins plus 15 mins queueing I was told) but we decided a 6.30 start on spec wasn't worth it despite a lately discovered addiction to white stuff.
And the sun has gone in! Sad
But its warmer than UK! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is a great wee resort but not worth it on weekends or holiday periods - in between and it is brill! Hope to be up there at some point this season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Late starter, I bet tom is gutted! What a shame. Next time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowaddict ditto its great during week we go every year for a few days never go at weekend its manic with ryanair doing great prices you can't afford not to go, getting p1ssed in crechendo bar is great at the end of a days ski-ing wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Late starter,
I'm going there in 3 weeks so hopfully the queueing will have died down a little by then Smile and the sun has come out again Smile
I be in Spain for 18 days Granada for 7 days but only on the slopes for 5 days monday-friday skiing Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
II, Our next possibility is Easter hols - but should be much quieter for you and with any luck some more snow by then - hope you have a good trip.
easiski, Thanks, Tom weighed up getting up before 6 and no guarantee of skiing and was pretty philosophical - I was probably more gutted!!
They even have a warning about passes on the official website today.
Sun shining again today tho Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if anyone needs any info on sierra nevada email me on jasonadele4@hotmail.com or ask onhere and i will fill you in on the place i go there every year and have done for past six years cheers
jase wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm taking a chance and heading up to the Sierra Nevada for a weekend later this month with a friend.

I booked a room at the Hostal Yeti which is half way up the mountain. On reflection (and after reading a few reviews) I was wondering if this is a wise choice.

I presume all the main bars & restaurants are at the foot of the mountain. If we were to apres ski there how easy is it to get up the mountain and back to the hostal? Is it walkable? Are there taxis??

Also, will we be able to get passes and ski gear half way up the mountain (near the hostal) or is that all located at the bottom where most of the facilities seem to be?

The hostal staff only speak Spanish so I haven't been able to get any info from them.

Thanks in advance for any feed back on the above.

Patrick
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if you can cancel the hostal do so mate we go every year and stay in Granada itself as the hotels in the village are expensive you have to get the lift passess and gear in the village, its not walkable to the village from where you are mate are you flying into granada and hiring a car thats what we do, PM me if you need anymore details cheers
jase snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The first night of accomodation has been paid and is non-refundable.

Looks like I'll have to go ahead with it and see how it goes. From looking at the map it seems that the hostal is not half way up the mountain but half way up the village itself! (near the first stop for the Parador lift).

Would this still be too far to walk down to get gear etc? I think there's a bus too.

If I enjoy it I'm definately going to go back for a week and will stay in Granada. I've had a look at hotels/car and Ryanair flights and it's great value. May do so in late March.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if its in the village mate its ok to walk, hope you have a good time mate
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the info and all the best for ypur trip in feb.

Patrick
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flying out to Sierra Nevada on Wednesday......is it going to be worth it?? Anyone out there got any news? Is there any chance of snow falling this week.... Sad

Don't you hate it when you get loads of gear for Xmas and then never get to use it.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's not looking too good. Only a limited number of ski passes on sale per day (8,000) and there are less Pistes open today than last week. Forecast is for more mild weather too.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Crying or Very sad so depressing. The webcam pictures look ok. But I don't fancy the rush for those 8000 passes....
Might try and postpone for a couple of weeks....

Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
get yourself out there and get up there early you will think it worth it when you a there mate try www.sierranevada.co.uk you might be able to pre book snowHead
snow conditions
You can pre-book but it must be 7 days in advance and for a minimum of 3 days.

I am going to Malaga a week on Friday and will drive up with a few friends then try to get a pass for the weekend.
snow conditions
you staying in ythe village or Granada
ski holidays
patmartin008, If you can possibly go midweek instead of the weekend then do so as it can get very crowded at weekends. If the wekend is absolutley the only time you can go then leave Malaga by 6:30 a.m. so you are there well before 9:00 otherwise you might not be able to get a lift pass.
Best of luck and I hope it snows before you go - it sure needs it up there.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the feedback.

My flight to Malaga is for Friday morning and I'm due back on Monday evening so it'll have to be a weekend ski possibly staying till Monday afternoon.

I have a hostel booked in the ski village for the Friday so hopefully get passes and ski gear on Friday afternoon. Does anyone know if this is possible i.e. buy Sat/Sun pass on the Friday as well as hire ski gear? Anything to save queueing on Saturday or not getting a pass at all.

If not I'll get up early Saturday. This will be my only chance to ski this year so I'll get up at any time if it means I get on the slopes!
snow report
yes you can buddy thats what i do with the ski gear go up to the village on the day before to sort the gear out and you still only pay for the days you use it not sure about a lift pass if only a limited supply you can only ask when you get up there friday afternoon, Creshendo is a good bar to have a few beers in also if you find the Spar shop walk down the wlakway down the side of it and go to the bar right at the end and as long as you are drinking in there they will feed you for free, Tapas ie potato skins, meat balls,snails in tom sauce have a good time mate snowHead
snow report
patmartin008, www.sierranevada.co.uk has info that looks like it was updated yesterday saying best to buy the day before as selling out so fast - the Spanish official site gives a phone number to ring about piste info - may have more info but not sure if they work in English or only Spanish!
Good luck- and may it snow +++ before then Very Happy
latest report
FYI

Ryanair have their 1p offer on at the moment. If you are flexible with dates you can get a return (Stanstead - Granada) Feb 20th - 27th for £31 all in. Great Value.
latest report
Im due out on the 21st Jan. Does nayone know how to get the passes in advance? or if there will be problems. Can you buy them in advance, ie thinking of getting our apartment chap to pick them up and dropping him some cash?.

Also are they photod for one day passes?. If the anser i no then I would assume theres all sorts of issues with people buying them up and reselling?

nightmare.
ski holidays
Hi, I am celebrating my bachelor party soon in Sierra Nevada, there are 15 of us in total, I would class myself as an intermediate snowboarder and I am the only one of the group bar 1 person who has been on the slopes before.

We all range from 30 – 46 years old and we are fit and healthy.

We arrive in Malaga midday on the 1st Feb and hope to get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the slopes, at least 2 ½ days!

What do you think the best way to get lessons on a group basis with the 13 who have not snowboarded before?

Can you pre book ski passes?

We also need to hire boots and boards for 12 and arrange ski passes for the 3 days for all of us and I was hoping that someone could advise? Maybe we could come up to the area on Thursday evening to get fitted with boots etc, maybe someone has information on local suppliers? (I have seen on the net cost about 50 euro for the period)

We are staying at the Hotel Rural Mirasierra http://www.hotelruralmirasierra.com/index_in.htm which is about 20 minutes from the ski area, so hopefully after we have booked into the hotel we can make our way up to the main town and get ourselves prepared for the next day, do anyone know anything about this hotel and how easy it is to get to the main ski area?

If not, can anyone give me any ideas to make our trip easier? I want all of my mates to have a great time and I expect a few of them will become hooked after this small taster!

Any help or assistance will be very much welcome.

Regards

Atlantic
snow conditions
thanx
latest report
ATLANTIC, can't help, but welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
snow report
go onto www.sierranevada.co.uk it will help you out mate, you can just turn up and book you will probably be split into abot 3 groups snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was wondering whether it is easier to pre-book to guarantee that we get a pass for the period, as there are only a certain amount given out.

I am thinking of hangovers and people maybe not getting up soon to bag a ski pass. spoo
snow report
ATLANTIC, Think you may have a fair chance - when I rang the people listed by jase2472, who we used for lesson last April they said if they could book passes it was for 3 days or more, nothing shorter. Give them a ring - the web site has the times of day and numbers to ring, or go to the official area website if you have a fair command of Spanish - www.sierranevadaski.com - I can't access an English version tho maybe others can?? Looking at the hotel website I would guess if there is a crosscountry route to Pradollano it will probably not be very straight (the road up from Granada winds its way up zig-zag fashion from what I remember.)......just thinking of those hangovers on a 20 minute (possibly more at the weekend) winding country road journey...... Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
Thanx for that I have tried to access the english version but it does not allow me to i reckon the site isnt up and running yet.

We have managed to get sierra essence www.sierraessence.co.uk to arrange our lessons at a discount and they have got us the lift passes booked about £74 for the 3 days.

Sowboard and boots hopefully about 50 Euro and we have 2 three hour lessons for £30 each not bad for a first attempt!

if anybody knows anything about the Hotel Rural Mirasierra then i would be pleased to know
snow report
Have been skiing Sierra Nevada last couple of days- I finished early today due to heavy snow Smile - It needs it the runs with snowmaking are good but were there is no snowmaking cover is very thin / closed Sad
snow conditions
So there has been a bit snow Madeye-Smiley

for a bunch of beginners i only hope that they have a good time.

i am a bit of a snow freak and want them to enjoy it, its more than just a p**s up with my mates its an experience for them.

lets just hope that between now and the 2nd of feb it flakes down generously!!!!!!!!!

as long as it is not gonna be a dissapointment?

dont wanna get worried but i heard that snow facilities were quite good?

ATLANTIC Sad
snow report
ATLANTIC,
30cm of fresh overnight Very Happy
This morning was great it was sunny but very very cold (-16c!!!) and a stiff breeze.
The wind kept blowing the snow back so the pistes did not track out too quickly Very Happy There was even off piste bits to play on Very Happy
It started to snow again at lunch time today and was still snowing when I left at 3.30pm (Very tired Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
i know what you mean about the winding road up the mountain with a hangover spoo
ski holidays
any one how late the season runs, I am all booked up with ski trips this year but an extra cheeky end of April one might just work if I piggy back it a trip trip to Sorte Grande !
snow conditions
It lasted until the begining of May last season and also the season of 2004. Can't remember about 2005. I didn't ski there last year at the end, but not much was left as went up for a look. I did ski late April 2004 and it was truly awesome.
ski holidays
look at www.sierranevada.co.uk and see when they are selling the passes till snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy