Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it true ??? It's really coming ?

Poster: A snowHead
The french weather forecast says SNOW ON MONDAY and a big fall aswell !!!
Can we believe it ? It sounds like it.
Let's hope so and we can post you nice white pictures.... maybe !

Is anybody has the same forecast ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Screw France! What about Austria!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
please please please please be true snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowpimp, ........ who's your snitch , your 'source'...?

...... we demand you tell us 'immediately if not sooner' ......otherwise you will be held in contempt .... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timmaah, Amen!
What kind of people go to France anyway? NehNeh

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 28-12-06 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
some hope on the horizon!!

chamonix meteo says

"EXTENDED OUTLOOK UNTIL TUESDAY JANUARY 02 2007
Sunday : changeable - scattered cloud crossing over - slightly milder. Monday : morning showers - sunny spells spreading out in the afternoon. Tuesday : snowy - dropping temperature - outlook is still uncertain.
Forecast reliability : fairly good until Saturday - poor thereafter. "
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wetterzentrale midday run looks very promising
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keep it coming, Monkfish,
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm planning on bringing the last 2 months of Stockport rain with me, no GFS changing-of-minds is going to stop us now
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pam, the moment you unpack in Bisanne, so will the clouds snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BernardC wrote:
snowpimp, ........ who's your snitch , your 'source'...?

...... we demand you tell us 'immediately if not sooner' ......otherwise you will be held in contempt .... Toofy Grin

My sources are mainly http://meteonet.nl/aktueel/brackall.htm and the local people who were right when they told us in october "it's not gonna snow before january" and as young stupid people we though "Yeah right !" Laughing
It's not because you look stupid with a beret on top of your head, that you're actually stupid ! .... but they do look silly Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timmaah, the snow gods at orf.at have the following to say
Quote:
Am Dienstag und am Mittwoch weiterhin sehr windig, unbeständig und kälter. An der Alpennordseite regnet oder schneit es mitunter sogar recht ergiebig. Die Schneefallgrenze sinkt am Dienstag auf rund 500m, am Mittwoch steigt sie von Westen voraussichtlich wieder über 1000m. Zwischendurch Sonne vor allem im Süden und im östlichen Flachland

The relevant bit being "mitunter sogar recht ergiebig". Maybe there is hope. Maybe.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks good according to snow-forecast too - I was looking at davos in particular, but had a cast around other resorts and the forecast also looks promising.... which I'm blumming pleased about as we're off to Switzerland on saturday.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Lawrie, I think the only useful German phrase this week will be "Ich Mochte ein grosse bier bitte..." Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sharkymark, mmmh. Or "Ein Williams und ein Bier bitte" for those who really want to drown their sorrow.
snow report
How does Bulgaria look for the the next few weeks. My boss goes for his first ski trip on the 20th and I would hate it to be spoilt for him with limited snow. NehNeh Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
snowpimp, can you explian them maps please! i'd love to be able to read weather maps. can you help? ta
latest report
Mike Lawrie, oh dear...it must be really bad Laughing

Unfortunately, that's about the strength of my German so I'll be asking for beers whether there's snow or not Toofy Grin

Renry, utterly cr*p...proabably Toofy Grin
snow report
I have every faith La Ros will have a 1.5 m base by mid Jan snowHead
snow report
Sharkymark wrote:

Renry, utterly cr*p...proabably Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cool

HEHE
snow conditions
...unless he's going to La Ros of course Laughing
ski holidays
This looks good.....

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/wxcharts/wxcharts.htm

It's the US Air Force forecast - I think it's about the most reliable source of forecasts. It does seem to suggest a dump at high altitudes at least at New Year, and I'd expect the snowline to fall to below 1500m as the cold front goes through.

The Met Office looks good for Jan 1 too, though ECMWF is less conclusive - but it seems to suggest a cold front on Jan 6-7, but that is 10 days away.
snow report
Could it be true ???? lets hope so........require Laughing pictures for proof !
snow conditions
tignes looks good for a fair bit,la plagne looks like its going to get hardly anything,hopefully it will move over a little for me aswell,i dont ask for much,all i want is a couple of fresh metres to play in Smile
latest report
should make for a nice base for the start of the ski season next month anyway Laughing
snow report
Switzerland is getting it so im pleased....i just hope it falls as snow and not RAIN
snow conditions
Mike Lawrie, in typical conservative Swiss style they refuse to predict anything beyond Tuesday. They are however forecasting intermittent rain from Sunday till Tuesday with the snow level coming below 1000m on Tuesday.

http://www.sf.tv/sfmeteo/prognosen_ch.php

The Swiss weather forecast tends to be eerily accurate.

Was skiing at a local place yesterday at around 1200m and piste conditions were fine packed powder although any hillside with a hint of South was stripped bare. It surprised me how warm it was since at home below the fog it has hardly been above 0 for the last week.
ski holidays
nessy, it's started raining here. Ice rain predicted for tomorrow. I reckon things are moving in the right direction now. I havn't been out skiing yet, not because there's no snow, just too lazy, too fat, too stuffed with turkey and too hungover from the Springbank my father brought across for Xmas ( some things are more important than skiing you know Cool )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
w00t for the orf.at forecast! means that towards the end of my holiday there will be snow it seems...
snow conditions
Weather for Tignes

SATURDAY:HAZY SUNSHINE
THEN CLOUDY
SUNDAY:BETWEEN SUNNY AND
CLOUDY PERIODS-SNOW IN
THE EVENING
FROM MONDAY TO THURSDAY
UNSETTLED WEATHER.SNOW
AND WIND

NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Laughing Blush Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Worryingly warm though, looks like rain Sunday and maybe Monday too to well over 2000m in many places and even if it turns to snow a bit later it will by then be snowing onto warm grass... yuk. Time to perfect my French irregular verbs, maybe? But at least the place should look pretty by mid-week, back to the situation after the last snow, with a thin picturesque covering on the lower slopes.
snow report
Hi i have had a look on www.frozenplanet.co.uk and it says snow on the way for pds. 10 day forcast. Please be true 2 weeks and il be there.
snow conditions
according to the meteo guru on skipass.com, who has a good record for the last two years, and if my French does not lead me astray, the quantities of precipitation to be expected Monday/Tuesday are difficult to predict. He says it will be rain up to 2200m. Tuesday colder, but only "weak to moderate" snow showers. He notes that websites all over the Internet are using "le meteo marketing" to predict enormous quantities of snow. However, I remember a few times last year when the freezing level dropped faster and sooner than predicted; Chamonix meteo seem to think so and they're quite good too. Don't stop dancing. I wonder what the old Swiss guy with his scrotum in the snow thinks (Pacific navigators were said to be able to tell where they were by dipping same sensitive part of their anatomy into the ocean current...)? Puzzled
ski holidays
There is a lot of contradiction in all the weather models right now.

Some are forecasting MORE THAN 1 METER of freshies in parts of the Western Alps next week Smile

Others are modeling just A FEW CENTIMETERS Sad

What most of them seem to agree on is that the snow-rain level will be somewhere around 1500 - 1800m.

So, it looks like the higher resorts will do well. The lower ones may struggle.
snow conditions
Good news for people like me who picked glaciers such as stubai... bad news for the low-resorters, skiing when it rains would suck...
snow report
pam w wrote:
wonder what the old Swiss guy with his scrotum in the snow thinks (Pacific navigators were said to be able to tell where they were by dipping same sensitive part of their anatomy into the ocean current...)? Puzzled

Sounds like b*llocks to me.

(end obvious joke) Toofy Grin
latest report
Looks like there could be a reasonable amount of snow above 1500m on Monday in Switzerland now. With more down to the valley floor on Tuesday. Smile
snow conditions
nessy, I hope its below 1650m (Muren Village) then wink
latest report
Sounds like it's on its way!!!! snowHead Cool snowHead

SNOWEEEE!!!!

We're there (on Sunday) dudes....

Goggles to the ready... wink
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:

What most of them seem to agree on is that the snow-rain level will be somewhere around 1500 - 1800m.

Or as my local piste director said today

"ah zee weather she wash away all mah expensive man-made snow on Mahndey!"

The peasants are saying first big snowfalls in April! I asked them if this was down to the chickens laying eggs, or the colour of the berries or the birds flying south and they said "don't be stupid, you zink we are idiots! zee agriculture ministry 'as an expensive supercompter wif a much betta langue-range model zann meteo chance."

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 29-12-06 20:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy