Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will somebody please make up a forecast!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Morzine on 7th Jan and all these reports are depressing. Will someone at least make something up, at least then I'll feel better for the next two weeks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will be a steady snowfall from now, with 30cm of powder falling from 3-5th January, giving the pistebashers just enough time to create a perfect tableau for you. The temperature will hover around minus single-figures for the duration of your stay and the skies will be a cloudless blue, with glorious sunshine. Your skiing will surpass all previous skill levels and you will be feted far and wide as the greatest non-professional exponent of the sport, showing terpsichorean grace and elegance. There - feel better now? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniepen, Much, thanks. Now I can face getting my boots out and start worrying about the pistes being closed because of avalanche risk!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've not even made this one up and its good !!!

Metcheck today

A sign of relief from many living out here for the Winter season, and also for holiday makers heading to the pistes in search of powder.

Although snow canons have been going 24/7 in many resorts, for some, the dew point temperature has also remained too high for them to work effectively.

Latest indications now show that the drought should break on January 2nd with an active frontal system pushing in from the Atlantic.

What forecasters are more excited about is that the Alps should lay under a large cyclonic trough for the best part of the start of January. If this happens, then many Alpine resorts can expect a large amount of the white stuff up until the 14th of January.

Along with the new snow, goes the risk of avalanches. Not just that, but after nearly two weeks of no snow, the current base (if you can call it that) has developed into angular coarse crystals. This form is notoriously bad for bonding, so if you are planning to head off-piste, then remember the transceivers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen, you forgot to mention the 15-20cm top-up that's guaranteed overnight every other night Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen, you should be made snowHeads official snow report writer. It might not be entirely accurate, but better to read than some of the doom and gloom stuff. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jack Hallam, You'll be fine. It will be special GM snow, with avalanche-causing properties scientifically bred out of it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, Duhh! Sorry! Of COURSE there will be non-invasive top-ups! Phil Jordan, Thank you! I may have found my niche! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Along with the new snow, goes the risk of avalanches. Not just that, but after nearly two weeks of no snow, the current base (if you can call it that) has developed into angular coarse crystals. This form is notoriously bad for bonding, so if you are planning to head off-piste, then remember the transceivers.
... and the shovels and the probes and the trained companions and the expert eye for trouble and the local knowledge - basically, please be carefull because the only way u can be safe from an avalanche is not to be there in the first place.

erm, sorry, now back to the Weather Embarassed

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 28-12-06 12:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like the sound of this Frosty, snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was going to hire a car but after reading that I think I'll get a piste basher!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow on Chamonix, Monday and Tuesday, or will it? Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"Snow on Tuesday it will"......the farce is strong in this one!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It looks like there'll be some precipitation, though the pundits seem to be at odds about how significant, and even more so about freezing levels. I suspect I am going to arrive in the area to pouring rain on Sunday...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is going to be snow up top, rain down low. 1500m looks to be about the tipping-point.
latest report
Omg... It's snowing 15 minutes from me, at a place which is like 1200m high.. heavy snow... and in the alps is sunshine!? AARGH! As long as its snowing during the evening sunshine through the day from 1700m in Stubai.. I'm all set Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy