Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Gear at Tesco (Lardies look away now)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had trouble sleeping this morning so at 3AM I went shopping at one of those 24hr megga Tescos. Toofy Grin It's a world of it's own with a culture to match, lots of music and dancing by the staff as they worked and an eclectic clientèle that would put a scary movie to shame. Any way I was browsing the isles as you do and there it was "A ski clothing section". Madeye-Smiley It looks quite good with jackets at £45 and trousers/sallopettes at £40 and all the kit is breathable. They even have snowboarder trousers that you can let your bum hang out of. Shocked Other bits like gloves and wicking tops looked pretty good quality too and a very good price. I wonder if I can get commission on this? rolling eyes So if you are not to worried about labels and are on a tight budget it may be a good place to look, the thing is if you are on the lardy side you may be out of luck, I know I was. Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Headplant, which tesco? My local 24hr (Prescot) doesn't do ski stuff
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also TK Maxx do it now even the actual ski's and poles!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
halfhand, unfortunately the store I use is in Watford. rolling eyes It's a large Tesco Extra the same as Prescot, I must admit I was rather taken aback when I saw the display as it was rather out of place. Not sure if they lay out all the store in a similar way but the ski gear wasn't in the clothing section, they have restocked the area that held the christmas stuff with the ski clothing and fitness machines which I thought was a bit ironic since they have just sold me all the food that makes me need a fitness machine. Twisted Evil Next time I'm in the store I will ask if the ski gear is a national roll out or just for us southern softies.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Headplant, Cheers. Think I'll pop in for a nosey on my way home today
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For those in the North Staffs/South Cheshire region, Tescos in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent have also re-introduced a range of ski gear, post-Christmas.

Some Aldi's also seem to have re-stocked on ski gear this week, plus new boarding jackets and trousers. The jackets look OK but the trousers are patterned to look like blue, demin jeans! (If you remember the Carrera cycling team shorts from a few years ago, you'll get the general idea)

I've popped into Decathlon at Stockport a couple of times over Christmas, but was disappointed with the style and quality of the latest Quechua(?) clothing they stock. They'd also put up large and numerous "Sale" signs all over the store but sneakily hadn't actually dropped any prices from pre-Christmas levels.

The two TK Maxx stores I regularly visit (Hanley and Gateshead) don't seem to have as good a range of ski gear as previously. Two years ago, I bought an absolutely brilliant Tenson ski jacket for less than £80. This year, there's nothing even close to that level of quality.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand, There is small skiwear section in our Tesco at Kew, Southport - not sure it's worth the trip from Prescot though Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Tesco stores (2) in Telford both stock the Ski gear. The local TK Maxx stock is getting somewhat low....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
check out the Tesco website, thay have an excellent store locator where you can search for stores that stock skiwear.

edited to add URL
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy