Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Giro 9 mx Audio Helemet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am looking at a Giro 9 MX Audio Helmet as a wise precauction . Anyone used one? They seem to be feature packed , and not look like a German Army Helmet at all, Giro make good bike helmets so should be safe . Not into parks , just abit off piste ,and skiing if its icy. Baragan boards has them for £79.99 which seems to be fair..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fit is more important than the make, colour, design of helmet.

If the Giro doesn't fit, it won't provide adequate protection.

Put the helmet on, do up the chin strap and shake your head as voilently as you can. If the helmet moves, it doesn't fit. Any impact will impart more force to the helmet than you can by shaking your head.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dupes, I'd agree with Tomsk Shocked wink Fit is very important and you should definitely try the helmets on before you buy. I found even same make/model/size fitted slightly differently. The one that fits your shape head may not be the make you had in mind. Giro is a good make but as I said, may not be suitable for your head. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks .
Having landed on my head after a screwd up huck on a MTB I realise the importance of having a helmet. The MTB helmet I was wearing at the time split into 3 peices, Which probably saved me from a skull injury. The whiplash and torn off ear I can live with but needs chiropractic treatment on it still. (it wasnt a Giro Helemt).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have the giro bad leutenant helmet with the tune up kit (and it fits), mine doesnt look like a german army helmet, cause its the us army helmet (ww2)...lol. nice helmet, nice fit, sounds good. and a bit different styling to the normal. never worn one yet for snow sports, but always wore lid for mtb/bmx/kayak etc. about time i transfered that safety feature to the snow i reckon. i was toying with the idea of a burton/red audex ordinance padded hat, not a lid but more protection than my north face beanie
graeme
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy