Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in Ski out in North America

Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Anyone out there know of any Skji in/Ski Out resorts in Northn America?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That I've been to...
Whistler, Breckenridge, Snowbird, Big Sky, Jackson Hole.
Winter Park - possibly at the Zephyr Lodge.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bob, in Canada, Big White is truly ski in/out. If you look at the first webcam image on the webpage those are apartments and a hotel that you can see in the village centre. Sun Peaks too. What else are you looking for in a resort?

Don't know about the States I'm afraid
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Park City
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, I forgot about there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowmass, Squaw Valley, Vail, Copper Mountain, Kirkwood, Steamboat, Taos, Telluride, Keystone, Alta, Solitude, Beaver Creek, Sun Valley, Mammoth and I'm sure there's some I missed along with the others already mentioned.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="cathy"]Bob, in Canada, Big White is truly ski in/out. If you look at the first webcam image on the webpage those are apartments and a hotel that you can see in the village centre. Sun Peaks too. What else are you looking for in a resort?

I'll second Big White and also shout you Silver Star. ( although gutted to see the passing of The Putnam Station and it being bought by the 'Bulldog' Amsterdam chain Sad No more ski-in ski-out straight down main st into the Putnam's Wine Cellar !! .......Happy days Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kickin Horse near Golden, Alberta has slopeside accommodation now available and will be increased over the next few seasons. Get there quickly before it gets too popular. Awesome bowl and glade skiing Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bob, I'll second Whistler and Silver Star. With Silver Star you can ski right off the slope onto the main street! Quite bizarre!! We stayed at the Silver Star Club Resort which was on the main street and we could pole right up to the door. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Panorama (Canada). Aspen has a little ski in ski out IIRC. There must be some in Vail, I'd have thought, from my recollection of the layout. sunshine (Banff, Canada) has one ski in ski out, but you might go a bit stir crazy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Guys, lots to think about.. NehNeh
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A couple of corrections, Sun valley doesn't really have any ski in ski out and Golden is in BC not Alberta
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are off to Winter Park and Copper Mtn in 4 weeks ( snowHead ) and ,after experiencing the best ski in ski out we've come across at Big White/ Silver Star for the last 2 years, it will interesting to see how we get on. The Iron Horse at WP is supposedly ski-in ski-out, albeit away from the base area and the Gold Condo at CM is right by the lifts in the Village. Anyone got experience of either?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the iron horse at WP is ski in from the mary jane side of the resort and ski out to the winter park side. basically it is between the two. it really is not inconvenient.

the base area at copper is fairly compact.

at both resorts there is more apres activity in nearby towns and the transportation systems are very good.

stop by the adult ski school meeting place at 9:30 and introduce yourself! if i can answer any other questions please pm me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't expect to get a decent breakfast at the Iron Horse
snow report
genre, out of interest . . . where abouts on the mtn was all the awesome glade skiing you mention ?
snow conditions
Spindrift, i will offer an apology in advance, however, how many folks fly halfway round the world on a ski trip and then bemoan the lack of a decent breakfast?

again.......so very sorry.

p.s. if you return come by the cabin. i make a wicked piece of toast.
snow report
Rusty Guy, Almost everyone who stayed there, to be honest it was probably down to bad advertising. I look forward to the toast
ski holidays
Yep, also agree Big White has great ski in/out. Virtually every hotel and apartment there has true ski in/out access. It's nice that you can ski straight into the village main street too.

Whistler also has excellent ski in/out too, but you have to be more careful choosing your accommodation to make sure you get it. Pan Pacific Mountainside is one of the best located hotels, right next to both main Whistler/Blackcomb base gondolas.

Just be careful though, the North American definition of ski in/out is something like 1/2 mile from the nearest lift!
latest report
Hi Guys, This is my first post, so bear with me!! I can also vouch for Big White and Silver Star as great Ski in/out resorts. I skied with Mr and Mrs "Excitableboy" (of W.Sussex fame) there in Jan 2005 and had a great time. Just under 4 weeks to go until hitting the slopes of Winter Park and Copper for a fortnight, to say that I'm "chomping at the bit" is a massive understatement!!!
ski holidays
Sutts, welcome to snowHead - and enjoy WP/Copper.
snow report
Many thanks RUSTY GUY, as my wife will probably be taking the odd lesson we'll definately be around. As for the 'controversial' Iron Horse breakfast debate , my understanding is that it's no longer included for Condo dwellers, so we'll just have to make our own shoddy attempts !!

[quote="Sutts"]Hi Guys, This is my first post, so bear with me!! I can also vouch for Big White and Silver Star as great Ski in/out resorts. I skied with Mr and Mrs "Excitableboy" (of W.Sussex fame) there in Jan 2005 and had a great time. Just under 4 weeks to go until hitting the slopes of Winter Park and Copper for a fortnight, to say that I'm "chomping at the bit" is a massive understatement!!![/quote]

Name dropper wink Laughing ..........................and counting.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy