Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

great skiing in Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just returned form a week in Zell am See and had an excellent time. Despite the gloomy reports of snow in the alps, Zell am See has pulled out all the stops to get us all skiing. Due to some additional snow last week and coverage of everyrun in the resort with snow making machines, 80% of the resort is open.... and the conditions are excellent, even the two blacks to the bottom are open. Neighbouring Saalbach has also done a great job with most of their north facing slopes now open and of course skiing on the Kitsteinhorn Glacier is as reliable as ever, with soem good off piste options too.

So cheer up everyone, Austrain efficeiency yet again saves the day! Any one looking for accommodation in the area should try www.travel-library.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stewart,

Welcome aboard. Nice to hear a positve snow report
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any news on Kaprun and Maiskogel - looks covered in the web cam is this from the snow canons?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stewart,Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
There was no one skiing the blacks into the village when I was there on the afternoon of Friday the 22nd, when did they open the runs?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pistemeister, According the the Schmittenhohe website 11, 13 & 14 are all currently open. 11 going in to the middle of Zell and 13 & 14 going to the bottom of the Schmittenhohe and sonnenalm cable cars (from where you can get a bus into the middle of town)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stewart, welcome to snowhead. Good to here the snow is good around the ZAS area.

I agree with the Travel Library plug. I stuck it up on the apartments forum recently. They do have a pretty good selection of properties. I have my place posted on there and the amount of interest it generates from a free site is staggering!!! They must get a fair amount of traffic but i'd never heard of them until recently.

Got any photos of Zell you can post?

Cheers

Kersh

PS - how do you post pics? Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bloody hell! It was nearly all green when we were there a bit earlier (9th - 16th). Spent most of the week up on the Kitzsteinhorn as that was the only place which had any sort of decent snow cover. Good to see that there is a bit more and that all that snowmaking kit they installed has paid off for a change.

Even managed to get ourselves on the front page of the local rag on the 15th - brilliant picture of the limited cover coimng down from the Schmittenhotel to the Areitpfiff, with a stri of white and some nice green fields in the valley.

The other one is that we were in the background of Ski Sunday while Ed and Graham were doing the bit about the Roxy Chicken Jam, going up the drag lift. Fame at last!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BASkier, It was all covered on friday and the blowers were working. I just did not see anybody skiing back to the village.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Methinks the pisteurs have left the closed sign below the Hirschkogelbahn at the top of the Nordabfahrt which means that nobody can get on to it from that side. Locals probably know that the cover is too thin to be of much use, so are avoiding it and not wrecking their new skis. Would avoid the Standard and Trass in these conditions, mainly because it gets a bit dicey when there is only artificial on the last drop down to the cable car.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy