Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Definitive online tour operator list?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi again Smile Happy Xmas

It is getting close to the time when I will be needing to book my last minute deal (going 21st Jan - give or take a couple of days). However, despite finding a couple of relevant threads, I have been unable to find a decent list of the best websites to book my holiday from.

Can anybody please advise?

Thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you limited in where you want to go to?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In an idealistic world, Canada or USA would be the destination of choice. However, if we leave it late (which we could end up doing to hope for something great) then we may well end up in Europe. Of that, I guess we would take any larger resort in one of the obvious choices such as France, Italy, Austria etc.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't bother with online ski bookings. The sites are almost all utter rubbish. Very user-unfriendly. Very slow.

Book it offline. You will have to interact with some doofus on the end of a phoneline, but it is still the easiest way to book in the UK.

Page 226 of ITV Teletext works best. Hundreds of deals aggregated in a few pages.

If you must book online, out of 20+ brands I trialed recently, Panoramaski.co.uk, Thomsonski.co.uk and perhaps Crystalski.co.uk came out tops.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've sucessfully booked many ski trips online.
It's an easy way to see what's available and my PC isn't earning a commission so I'm more inclined to believe what it tells me.
I accept that there are many sites which are next to useless, but there are some which work well and offer reasonable online booking discounts.
I've booked through Crystal, Inghams, Thomsons and generally wouldn't waste my time with the others.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses Smile

I'm hoping that they begin to start being nice to couples with the late deals. At the moment I see a good deal, but its suddenly £140 higher as soon as I input "2" for number in party Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I'm hoping that they begin to start being nice to couples with the late deals. At the moment I see a good deal, but its suddenly £140 higher as soon as I input "2" for number in party

Ah yes, the dreaded under occupancy charge, the destroyer of many a good deal! rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Under occupancy usually a problem in France where it is mainly apartment accomodation for typically 3 to 4 or more people... look outside France for hotel accomodation and you'll find you are far better off as a couple.. the price quoted is generally the price you pay... it's the singles who get penalised with single supplements - even if it's a single bedded room.... I never did understand that one Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smashed, check out www.ski-independence.co.uk - they are generally pretty good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smashed, try www.fasttrackski.co.uk find a holiday then go direct to the tour op to get it cheaper.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.igluski.com have a great site, decent staff and cover all the major operators.

aj xx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy