Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair Prices

Poster: A snowHead
Last year I booked my February flights on Ryan air on boxing day. Prices seem a little higher this year, however, when I book in multiples of 2 or even single the cost is lower than as a group of 3 adults and 2 children.

Can anyone tell me if we turn up with 5 tickets booked individualy this will cause problems?

Boyo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boyo, wouldn't have thought so , as long as you all have tickets.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
)Oh, and of course kids too young to travel alone are with an adult.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boyo, They do that quite often. When 2 of us go, its sometimes easier to book two separate bookings than both on the one booking form - don't know why they do this!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just realised that there is only 2 miles difference in our travel time to Liverpool and Stansted, prices cheaper and the anomaly doesn't seem to happen ... strange!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boyo, my (limited) understanding on this is that they may only have 2 remaining seats at the cheaper price, so when you order 5, they offer you the whole lot at the next price up. I have had this myslef and have then experimented to see how many I can order at the lower price.

There is no problem in turning up with more than one booking, certainly there wasn't for us. But I guess you have probably done it by now anyway.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, I think you are probably correct. Given how Ryanair (and Sleazyjet for that matter) price their seats, the numbers of the cheap seats are usually very limited, so a block booking of 5 will take you up to the next level where there are 5 seats together. Splitting them shouldn't matter, providing you keep the split between orders when you check in. Just be very quick at the gate if you want 5 seats together.

Oh, and it is normal that children under 12 mut have an adult on the same booking as the accompanying parent, otherwise they are treated as UMs (Unaccompanied Minors) and attract all sorts of additional charges.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still haven't booked - went to Tamworth last night (hmmm not sure if that was money well spent or not) - will try again at Liverpool, the biggest problem at the moment is that I'm getting hit for a car rental surchage at Salzburg for picking the vehicle up after midday. How can a car rentla close early on a Saturday in high season???? Sometimes the continetal way of doing things leaves me confused.

This means I will have to do the maths again for the bext deal .... its not that I'm tight but just have this thing about getting the the holiday sorted for under £1,300 excluding passes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also noticed that BA do the same .... outbound £67 for 1 seat £94 for 5 buy more pay more policy seems to be across the board.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just looked at flying with Ryanair to Rodez in the summer: they want £48 from me to use my Mastercard! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, ryanair are bandits,, they charges you for everything,, but anyway I hope you know where Rodez is, and dont think its Rhodes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
freeheelskier,

Laughing

Don't worry, I am not mistaking the south of France vs Greece..

Sad thing is that in the end their prices are no worse than the competition... But paying 10% of the total price in card fees is a bit of a shocker..

Might have to drive...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
freeheelskier, given that Kruisler is French and Rodez is not so far from his home town, I suspect he'll be ok wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, But I know people that think they come to Rhodes, and when they realize,, Oops,, Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
freeheelskier, Wow! some mistake
snow report
holidayloverxx, I have Laughing alot about that,,
snow conditions
Kruisler, Get a wirecard http://www.mywirecard.com/en/mastercard.html though may only be available in Euros, but even so still much cheaper than not using it. I've used this virtual card recently with ryanair and it does work. Took 3 days for the initial credit transfer to the card but I guess it depends how you charge it up.
snow report
I opened a basic current account with Halifax just to get the Visa Electron card offered. I don't really use the account except to pay for flights.
snow report
Eh Boyo,
Yes Rayzorro is spot on - have a contact in R/A Dublin- make sure you have 1 adult on each booking with kids ( u 16) and just try different pax numbers to get the cheapest- also, even though I use Ryanair regularly, it gets on my goat with the extras,especially ski-gear 80e return last season for 1 ski bag. Try Lufthansa- all in fare including hand baggage, ski bag and 20kg hold bag, they will be getting my biz from Dublin next season.
ski holidays
jzBun, But Electron is no longer "free" - they now only allow you to pay for free using prepaid mastercard.
snow report
while looking to book a holiday (package) with Thomas Cook (I was exploring all options) I got a price pp and a total price for my holiday with the proud announcement that this included free hold luggage, transfers and something else I dont recall. So I wrongly assume thats the complete and final price price. Wrong, clicked on proceed and a couple of hundred extras were included - one of which was a charge for 5kg hand luggage!! Laughing cheeky boogers. There was also stuff like sitting together and meals automatically added on with no obvious way to de-select them. I phoned for a moan. That'll teach em rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
alex_heney, Did not know that. Haven't been with RA for a couple of years. Easy Jet still accept electron for free.
latest report
When Ryanair - which I use a lot - changed from Visa Electron to pre-paid Mastercard, I got mine from FairFX.com. At that time by doing it through a Moneysupermarket.com link there was no set-up fee, if I remember rightly. A little bit of time to set it up and occasionally to top it up and it saves ££££s on these absurd credit card fees. I still have the Electron card for Easyjet for the same reason.
snow report
When Ryanair - which I use a lot - changed from Visa Electron to pre-paid Mastercard, I got mine from FairFX.com. At that time by doing it through a Moneysupermarket.com link there was no set-up fee, if I remember rightly. A little bit of time to set it up and occasionally to top it up and it saves ££££s on these absurd credit card fees. I still have the Electron card for Easyjet for the same reason.

Shimmy Alcott, I recently was looking for flights to Tenerife and found the Thomas Cook website a nightmare to wade through. In contrast, Ryanair's recently revised website was much clearer and easier. Still all the annoying stuff of having to say no to insurance, priority boarding, Samsonite bags, Hertz cars and so on, but you get the total cost much more easily.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy