Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer RX8 (2007) length decision, please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tomorrow I have to decide wether I buy the 170cm RX8 or the 175RX8 (model 2007). I am 6.25 feet and 175 lbs. I ski for 10 years (one week a year).
I want a versatile ski for all on-piste conditions (not skiing off piste). The ski should also be stable ski and able to swing quick turns after each other when I want to.

Which length would you advise?

Thanks for your reactions!

Robert
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobertV, since your first thread on this topic here, I found a, to my mind, very interesting post by Vail Snopro:

Percentage of Leg Length/How to size skis
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm a similar height (6ft3in) and190lb and ski them in 175. I've no problems with quick turns. fantastic quick ski. great hold on hardpack.i would be surprised if they are a problem in either length. I went for 175 and don't regret it
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would have recommended the 170. Which did you get?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a touch heavier although 1.80m .. I ski 170cm but would have gone shorter. Better in longer turns than my B5s ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1.96m and 120kg - 175cm. They are fine for me. The secret (as I now know) is to learn to carve porperly in them. If you like hooning around then go long, if you like sharper turns then go shorter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unless they are a really stiff ski, 175, min
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have bought the 170cm. Friday I depart for the trip to Val Thorens in France... I will let you know how my new RX8 170 are!

Robert
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm going to try out my new Rx8s in Soll as well. Cool

I'm 1.93 wanted to get 1.80 but they don't have this length in the new model.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
robertv1979, Robert, I'm thinking of buying RX8's in a 160 or 165. I'm 53, Level 5/6 but improving, 168lbs, 6'0".

How did you get on with the 170's ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello everybody,

I was skiing in France earlier this month. Nice weather and rather good snow. The RX8 were very nice to ski. Stable in every situation. They ski very smooth. I didnt have to work as hard as I use to on my Atomic SL9. I am happy with them. The length I have choosen is also fine (170). In March I go to austria for a couple of days with my girlfriend. I am looking forward to it.

greetings,

Robert
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy