Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Arrived in Saas Fee Saturday (after horrendous 90 minute queue at Birmingham airport to go through security Evil or Very Mad )
Anyway, the good news is that there is plenty of snow in Saas Fee, and blue skies and sunshine Very Happy . On the transfer coach from Geneva airport, we dropped off a few people who were going to Crans -Montana. After they left the coach the Inghams rep from Saas fee said she didn't like to tell them, but there are currently only 2 pistes barely open on Crans Montana Shocked . They are having to bus people from there to Saas Fee or Zermatt which have got snow.
I've just been up to the revolving restaurant at 3500m at the top of the Alpin Express - great views. Incidentally Chris Brookes, they claim it is the highest revolving restaurant in the world, so I guess it beats the Piz Gloria on the Schilthorn Razz
The lift pass for Saas Fee now includes 1 day skiing in Zermatt, so will be going there on Thursday. I don't know if Charlatanefc who is in Zermatt this week has access to Snowheads, but I've sent him a PM to see if we can meet up.

Anyway, Happy Christmas to fellow snowHead s
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic news about Saas Fee - we will be arriving on Thursday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back yesterday - excellent week! Very Happy
Yesterday there were gray clouds in the sky for the first time all week, and they are forecasting fresh snow for Monday Madeye-Smiley
Skied most of the week with Colin the SCGB resort rep - top bloke, and met up with some good people (at least one of which is interested in joining snowHead s and coming to the MSB at Wengen!).
Met up with Charlatanefc, Nickski, Jerry and others in Zermatt on Thursday for a good day's skiing- big thanks to Fenland Skier for giving me Charlatanefc's mobile no. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, yup, the one in Saas Fee is the highest.The Schilthorn AG can only boost it they have still the worlds longest aerial cableway and they were the first to build the highest revolving restaurant at 3000m in 1967.

Did you take a pics/movie footage of the resort or the Alpin Express that you would like to share as i would be interested to view them ?

Im glad you had a great time
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Alastair Pink,
Did you take a pics/movie footage of the resort or the Alpin Express that you would like to share as i would be interested to view them ?

At your request have just posted Saas Fee video clip on snowMedia Zone here
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AP - great footage Cool . We are off to SaasFee at the end of March. Last 2 years we've been in StAnton. Chalk and cheese springs to mind.

Daft 'never been to Switzerland' question - what language in Saas? French? German? A N Other?

Ta,
CD.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, thanks for that, great footage, i must admit i didnt think Saas Fee village/town was that big.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chrisdavis, Saas-Fee is in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. However, Swiis-German is not the same as High German so they might understand you more easily than you understand them. That said, we have been to Saas-Fee several times and never really had any language problems.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Derek, thanks Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes wrote:
Alastair Pink, thanks for that, great footage, i must admit i didnt think Saas Fee village/town was that big.

Yes, the size of the town quite surprised me.

I also had a day skiing at the adjacent (but lower) Saas Grund. This is included in the Saas Fee area pass, and is well worth a day visit. Most of the slopes there are south facing, so you are in sunshine Very Happy . However, the lowest piste (from the gondola middle station back to town) was closed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink, good to see you found yer way home ok Wink Sorry I missed you later on the afternoon, me and Jerry were taking some action video on one of the slopes (and getting photo's of tasteless 1 piece suits Wink )
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink, would you return ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes wrote:
Alastair Pink, would you return ?

Yes, probably in a couple of years time.

On a more deeply philosophical note Toofy Grin , since I've always enjoyed my ski trips, I can't think of one ski resort I've been to which I wouldn't like to return to! snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink, you have then planned your holidays well compared to me who can name a few that i wouldnt return too Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's none that I wouldn't return to...just some that are further down the list than others!!
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:
There's none that I wouldn't return to...just some that are further down the list than others!!

That would be the way I'd put it as well. The worst week I've had anywhere was due to lack of snow, I won't write the place off until I've been back and had a crap week with good snow - if you see what I mean. Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 1-01-07 22:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
had a crap with with good snow Very Happy

Okay Puzzled
ski holidays
Oops, that's a particularly bad typo, it should have been:

I won't write the place off until I've been back and had a crap week with good snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy