Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz - 24th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Over in Les Carroz for Xmas, the following runs are open -

Cable-car "La Kédeuse" Skilift "Les Crêtes"/ slope Molliachets

Chairlift "Plein soleil"/ slopes Lou Darbes- (highest part)
Timalets run - "Raccord Telecabine" run to ski down to the telecabine

Chairlift "Les Molliets"/ slopes Marmottes and Blanchot

Draglift "Oasis" / slopes Alpage - Darbon

Draglift "Tele-Ecole" / slope Bardelle

from www.lescarroz.com

Conditions are not great, snow cover is patchy, probably only 10cm or so on south facing slopes. On other slopes one side of the piste is in shade and icy and the other is in sun and softer. Most pistes are rocky with bare patches and bits with vegatation poking through but better than nothing.

None of the links to the rest of the grand massif are open and a lot of these slopes look poor with lots of rocks, looks like it is going to need a decent few dumps before this is all open Sad

Also based on the crowds on the few slopes open I am not sure whether the open slopes will last to the end of the week Mad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi me again,

Conditions have deteriorated a lot, mostly caused by the crowds but the pisters are doing a good job in keeping the runs open, most of the pistes are now narrowed to maintain a decent snow depth. All from above are still open although in places the rocks are dicey and beginning to get a bit dangerous, for example, at the top of the Molliets chairlift lift there is a rocky patch in the ski off area resulting in one person taking a dive in nearly every chair that arrives. The drop off at the top of the Plein Soleil is both rocky and muddy (if that is possible) and it is really dicey (managed to break my pole falling over in a rocky patch).

There is some skiing still to be had, best in the early morning before the crowds arrive.

My BIL has been over to Flaine, snow depths are OK at the top but by 2pm it is very crowded and lots of rocks on the piste. About 7 runs open, little bit of decent off piste on the diamont noire (which is officially closed) but getting to it is not for the faint hearted, lots of crevasses to pick through.

For anyone arriving in LC over the next week or so, things are not looking too great.

Cheers,
Peter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
prthomas

Had a great holiday in LC about 20 years ago. The conditions were worse than you have at the present. We had a week walking up and down the slopes on grass! Sad Managed to ski for 2 hrs in Flaine on xmas eve. Little Angel

Make the most of what you have wink wink and consider booking a higher resort in the future.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
prthomas, Off piste in flaine is dangerous enough with lots of snow cover - if you have ever seen it in the summer - you would think twice about doing it with very little snow - take care !!!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
prthomas,

At least you can get over to La Agora for a great pizza (best in town) and then to the Marlow for a few beers. The Noel Leffe they are doing at the moment is very nice and should help you get over things a little!

Anything open on the way up to Flaine or are you having to drive all of the way over?

If we never hear from you again we will have to assume the Flaine Off Piste has taken another victim Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,

Thanks for the concern but I have been sticking to the piste in LC and not venturing off piste, leave that to my more experienced brother in law.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy