Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arnie breaks femur skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Reported in the LA Times.

Accident happened at Sun Valley, Idaho. Not a comfortable Christmas for Mr Schwarzeneggar, governor of California, I imagine. Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ouch Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has something got garbled in along the way? I'd have thought if you'd broken your femur you'd be in plaster immediately (rather than returning after Christmas to get it fixed)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought for a moment you meant this snowHead Arnie http://www.arniewilson.com/ Shocked

Hoppo, I know the NHS can keep people with fractured femurs waiting rolling eyes but normally sommething you would want to get sorted out ASAP, I certainly would Puzzled
Im sure some of the snowHead medical men wink will be along soon Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, Yes, there's something of a US-style exaggeration going on here. Broken femur is sometimes life threatening due to the shock and potential blood loss. It would normally be dealt with by a ruddy great piece of scaffolding down the bone and (in the case of my best mate who DID break a femur in Chamonix) around a month in l'hopital. My mate was in his 20s and fit as a butcher's dog - Arnie is fit for sure but at 59 this would be no cake walk. Sounds like he bruised himself slightly and the hair was knocked out of shape.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds,
Quote:

I thought for a moment you meant this Arnie http://www.arniewilson.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
He'll be back.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, It was also the first Arnie I thought of... This is a snow users forum after all, and he is a snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Linds, ditto!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One of our guests also broke his femur on Friday, the last day of his holidays, so he's spent Christmas here in hospital whilst his family returned home. They operated on him that night, to insert a rod .

Deb
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I smashed my femur up very badly whilst skiing in Verbier, they took bone from my hip to rebuild my leg!! They used a metal bar inside my leg along the bone, with around 18 screws holding it back in, I was back on a plane home within 4 days of doing it!!

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, nice picture. That's a hell of a break. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, thanks for the pic... I just bit straight through my knuckle
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is somewhat odd that Arnie's "fracture" is seemingly not being treated in any way: no cast and no surgery.
Of course "fracture" just means a break in the bone, anywhere in the bone, so not necessarily the scary fracture poor kitenski suffered (Wow! I hope you are all right now), but maybe just a chip or crack.
I would be interested in more details.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It transpires that Arnie wasn't actually moving when he broke it. Caught his pole in his skis when standing and fell over.
snow conditions
flicksta, I think we can all sympathise with that sort of accident Embarassed
latest report
Hoppo wrote:
flicksta, I think we can all sympathise with that sort of accident Embarassed

The pathet-o-fall, the best kind.
snow report
Of course people who have used a lot of steroids in the past - say for body-building - have a higher risk of osteoporosis and fractures. I am sure this could not apply to Mr Schwarzenegger....
snow report
kitenski wrote:
I smashed my femur up very badly whilst skiing in Verbier, they took bone from my hip to rebuild my leg!! They used a metal bar inside my leg along the bone, with around 18 screws holding it back in, I was back on a plane home within 4 days of doing it!!

that looks a tad sore
snow report
stoatsbrother, isn't it fairly common knowledge that he used steroids when bodybuilding?
ski holidays
He was being sarcastic...
latest report
Timmaah, indeed. But more than that, hasn't Arnold himself admitted to it?
ski holidays
Kramer, I didn't know that. Given his track record of sexual harassment allegations you wonder when he stopped... Be interesting to see his femoral head and L spine DEXA T scores though...
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
Of course people who have used a lot of steroids in the past - say for body-building - have a higher risk of osteoporosis and fractures. I am sure this could not apply to Mr Schwarzenegger....

Mrs S's first comment too. Confused
snow conditions
Kramer wrote:
kitenski, nice picture. That's a hell of a break. Very Happy

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly Wink

I seem to remember it smarting a touch when I did it Wink

However the good news is that I did it in March, the following May I skied again, having had all the metalwork removed in December of that year.

I never had a cast on either, which was good, and the only scars are one from thigh to knee, and a much smaller one on the pelvis where they took bone for the graft!

The only lasting problem is the mental block when going into a tuck (as I did it in a tuck!!)

Cheers,

Greg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy