Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Israeli boy killed in ski accident in Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A Twelve-year-old, seriously injured while skiing at a resort in the Italian Alps has died of his wounds in a Torino hospital.
The police officer on duty in Aosta, the district in charge of Cervinia said that the boy injured his head while skiing without a helment.
...According to the officer, "He encountered an obstacle in the route, and then stumbled and hit his head hard.
The case is under investigation and the investigating officer was sent to the hospital in Torino."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3343505,00.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is always particularly sad when a child dies, but I thought that helmets were compulsory for children under 15 in Italy Confused
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, so did I, possibly that is why the police are investigating ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, D G Orf, I am sure it is law.
It is so sad to hear of two deaths so close together when the season has just begun Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds wrote:
Ray Zorro, D G Orf, I am sure it is law.
It is so sad to hear of two deaths so close together when the season has just begun Sad
I agree with a helmet law, BUT, no helmet would have saved this boy. Firstly, this distressing incident happened 2 metres away from me and my 2 boys. The boy skied full speed, arms spread down a wide,quiet piste, rounded the safety fence and proceeded to career full speed into the corner of the lift station, hitting the corner of the large building outside the attendants door, right next to our chair as we were getting off. I have spent the last fews days reviewing the situation, and can only concluded it may have been a deliberate act...The chances of him freezing, loosing control and skiing as he did through the eye of a needle,seem very slim to me...One good thing was he seemed to die instantly. I feel sorry for the lift attendants who tried desperately to revive him, but it was obvious he died instantly....One thing was odd, he seemed to be skiing on his own...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hebs, welcome to snowheads, but a very sad first post. I hope you and your family are ok. Thankyou for sharing your experience with us.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hebs, Welcome to SnowHeads. Thank you for your first post. A VERY sad and disturbing eye witness account. My sympathies to all comncerned and to you and your boys. I hope the memories will fade fast for you all.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hebs, ..... yes welcome to snowHeads. Hope you all are recovering - what a shock it must have been .....!

What a very sad and extraordinary incident - have you made a witness statement to the authorities ..... ? They must be baffled by this. Did the youngster have any family or maybe school friends with him at all ..... ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I didnt make a witness statement....I had 6 children with me with another Dad, I just wanted to get them away from the scene......It was extremely disturbing, and keeps coming up over Christmas....However, it has made my 13 year old son think about the speed he has been skiing at.....No,the boy seemed to be on his own,which we find unusual
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hebs wrote:
I didnt make a witness statement....I had 6 children with me with another Dad, I just wanted to get them away from the scene......It was extremely disturbing, and keeps coming up over Christmas....However, it has made my 13 year old son think about the speed he has been skiing at.....No,the boy seemed to be on his own,which we find unusual
hebs,
Me and my son have skied Cervinia untill a day prior to the accident. It is important for us to know - where was it?
Was it in the upper Plan Mason station? Did he ski 6 red and turned to 6 blue, or toward the lower Bontadiny station? Or elsewhere.

Thank you!
Nir
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nitzhaky, an unfortunate - in the circumstances - , welcome to snowHeads.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy