Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insight into Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Patch, the big advantage we have over ADH is that the glacier is easy, so your novice skiers can make the trip too and enjoy the space up there. Book later in the week for the more novicy ones to have got good enough, and you can all do it together! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I think we might need to take that helicopter trip!

TAKE IT, TAKE IT. Very Happy Very Happy
I didn't particularly rate LDA but its worth doing a day there and better to go by chopper than by bus/cab.....plus it lands half way up the mountain so no q's at the bottom......plus it's cool flying in through the valley, landing and then snowboarding/skiing off to play silly sods for another day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We did the day trip to Alp d'Huez from Les Deux Alpes via helicopter, it's well worth doing. Book and pay for it as soon as you arrive in resort as it gets fully booked very soon. It's slightly nicer to be delayed at the AdH side rather than the L2A side on the way back, as the AdH side has a nice bar that you can sit in next to the altiport, whereas the L2A is just a hut on top of a mountain.

I thought that the piste and itinerary skiing in AdH was great, with a really nice mixture, and plenty of places to go to. The off piste looked quite tasty as well. The Sarenne is a beautiful run, marred only by the hype. If you look on it as a nice red or challenging blue and forget that it's meant to be a black, it's lots of fun. Keep your speed at the bottom.

I can't believe that noone has mentioned the tunnel yet. Great fun, and one of the most dramatic starts to any piste that I've been on. The people frozen solid with fear at the top are always quite amusing, and it's a long walk of shame back up the tunnel. Very Happy

All in all, our verdict after a day was that the skiing looked great.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy