Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Message for Spyderjon

Poster: A snowHead
How quickly can you tune, wax and general service a pair of ski's? What I mean is, will I be able to wait around for you to finish the service? Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hornster, not sure how long he takes, but I normally allow at least an hour for a service where I don't need to fill the base.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hornster, Depends on whether you want the one, two or three beer tune wink

Yes, you're welcome to stay, chat & watch. Here's your choices:

#1 TUNE - Sharpen edges to existing angles, polish & deburr. Brass brush to clean structure, hot wax with Dominator Zoom Lime universal wax, cool & scrape, polish with brass, horsehair & nylon brushes. Approx 1 hour.

#2 TUNE - Sharpen edges to existing angles, polish & deburr. Hot wax / scrape base to clean, brass brush to open structure, hot wax with Dominator Zoom Lime universal wax, cool & scrape, polish with brass, horsehair & nylon brushes. Approx 90 mins.

#3 TUNE - Sharpen edges to existing angles, polish & deburr. Hot wax / scrape base to clean, brass brush to open structure, hot wax with Dominator Zoom Graphite Renew base prep wax, cool & scrape, brass brush, hot wax with Dominator Zoom Lime universal wax, cool & scrape, polish with brass, horsehair & nylon brushes. Approx 2 hours.

Add another 15-30 mins for base repairs & top sheet deburring etc. Add another 15-30 mins for sidewall removal if required.

Add another 30-60 mins if you want to learn to do it yourself as you'll be doing half the work under my instruction/supervision.

And obviously slalom skis are quicker than Line Prophet's Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hornster, I would highly recomend Spyderjons service. He did a new ski tune on my B2's the other week and after using them on the glacier at Solden I could'nt believe how well they glide!

By the way spyderjon, do you think they will need anything before I head to Les Gets for the week in Feb? They have done 3 days since you had 'em.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, damn, I'm going to have to pay you a visit with mine and the wife's ski's one of these days and have you show me how to apply the art! It's just such a pity that you are up in the midlands(?) and i'm all the way down in Surrey. Still, it will be worth the journey. I'll be in touch.

I'm going skiing over xmas for a week and then again for another week at the end of Jan. Would you suggest getting another service after the xmas weeks skiing? (I have just had them serviced for the xmas week)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SteveKirby, Cool
Nah, they'll be fine after just 3 days. If it was hardpack in Solden just check for any burring of the edge, especially underfoot - but they should be fine as their 1 degree side angle is very durable. If their burred it'll cheaper/easier for you just to spring for an Edge Trick tool just to touch 'em up yourself & for 'in resort' use in the future.

Hornster, Surrey's almost local compared to how far some of my customer's have travelled (Hampshire & Carlisle Shocked). It's hard to tell without seeing the skis as there's so many variables but they're more like than not to need fettling before your Jan trip - & with two pairs of skis you should be doing you're own anyway wink.
I'm also away Xmas (you're not in Tignes for Crimbo are you?) & from the 20-27 Jan & I'm fully booked on the 31st Dec/1st Jan & 6th/7th Jan so that only leaves either Sat 13th or Sun 14th. I look forward to hearing from you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, slowcoach. Laughing

Mind you I don't use the brushes as much as I should. Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill, but I do mine right first time wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Didn't want to start an unnecessary new thread but wanted to make a quick post recommending spyderjon for ski servicing and tools.

Jon supplied me with a wax iron/wax/brushes about a month ago and yesterday I visited him to get a 2degree side angle setup on 2 pairs of skis.

Yesterday I also picked up the tools to maintain a good edge myself now Jon's set them up correctly.

Jon's willingness to give advice/help and his enthusiasm are unbeatable and I'd recommend anyone considering waxing/tuning their own skis to get in touch with him.

Thanks again for your time yesterday Spyderjon and please thank Debs for the coffee and cake Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hairy Boy wrote:
.... and please thank Debs for the coffee and cake Very Happy

Ooooo! Nobody told me about that - looking forward to next Saturday Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles wrote:
Ooooo! Nobody told me about that - looking forward to next Saturday Very Happy

I believe its normally just coffee and a digestive biscuit - maybe I caught Debs on a good day Laughing

Let us know what refreshments you get next week achilles, I'm hoping to get a sandwich and a yoghurt the next time I visit following the glowing review I've given spyderjon above Toofy Grin

Enjoy your visit - I'm sure you'll get a lot out of spending time at Jon's bench watching the master at work !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, I could not find my razor this morning so shaved with the Fischers you serviced recently instead. Awesome job Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

I could not find my razor this morning so shaved with the Fischers you serviced recently instead.

Frosty the Snowman,
I made a cut in my ski jacket coming back from Val T and EOSB by packing my ski jacket in with my ski's, looks like I sharpened the edges too much Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, Can the edges really be made 'that' sharp?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, Certainly can but a bugger to do the fiddly bits around the ankle bone Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

a bug to do the fiddly bits around the ankle bone

Frosty the Snowman, Thats where you use the wax rolling eyes
latest report
I'll exercise a little more care when picking them up without gloves on I think!! Shocked
latest report
Do it carefully with gloves on as well, very easy to shred a pair in no time at all.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
spyderjon, I could not find my razor this morning so shaved with the Fischers you serviced recently instead. Awesome job Very Happy snowHead

Linds wrote:
I made a cut in my ski jacket coming back from Val T and EOSB by packing my ski jacket in with my ski's, looks like I sharpened the edges too much Shocked

Cool
latest report
From the looks of the news on the telly tonight maybe a move into water skis is in order spyderjon?
latest report
FenlandSkier, I've been working in Newcastle for a couple of days & got back tonight & couldn't get in to the village. Two foot of water down Main St again & Deb had to walk across the village to meet me as we had booked movie tickets etc. Got back a few hours later & luckily all the water's gone. Looks like a few houses were hit again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy