Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowing in the Alps..........NOPE...but when ?!?!?!

Poster: A snowHead
Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What, non in Murren? Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never. rolling eyes Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mid January.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
12th Jan will do me just fine thanks.......just make sure its a biggie snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, haha...there is but not enough for my liking
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most current forecasts through Jan 5 are still showing little or no snow Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know its early days but anything to build up the snow base would be good !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chance of snow on the 3rd jan if there is a god!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I suppose it is far too early to hope that is correct. We're there until the 7th, so I'd better start the snowdance again now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, getting dancing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skinutter wrote:
12th Jan will do me just fine thanks.......just make sure its a biggie snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing

Cancel all the flights and strike at calais - that'll do for me..

I'll be back by then
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It'll snow before the new year in many parts of the alps. Snowline 1400-1500m. 28th/29th for a couple of days, nothing massively heavy, but enough to freshen things up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking ok for a white christmas in Les Gets so that'll do for me. There's snow on the peaks above judging by the cams.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
carled, not that I want to doubt what you say as usually you seem to take a less than optimistic view point but where have you got your info from Puzzled
latest report
was told 29th December when I was there last weekend but probably based on dubious grounds
ski holidays
A couple of big dumps will do me fine before Jan 20th.
snow conditions
Just general observations of GFS charts really. Trust me, I'm a doctor... snowHead
snow report
Quote:

It'll snow before the new year in many parts of the alps. Snowline 1400-1500m. 28th/29th for a couple of days, nothing massively heavy, but enough to freshen things up.

carled, that's the best news for a long time!
snow report
carled wrote:
Just general observations of GFS charts really. Trust me, I'm a doctor... snowHead

I do, because I want to. Someone keep stanton away! snowHead
ski holidays
carled wrote:

Can you sign a paper somewhere for me? I hope you're right snowHead
snow report
carled, I notice your usual caution about forecasting has deserted you... a hint of deperation perhaps. I just hope you are right. Jan 12th seems quite soon all of a sudden
ski holidays
Nope. Not desperate. I'm confident I've seen something showing up in the movement of a low colliding with a high and although the temps are a bit borderline, I reckon it'll spit out some snow some time around the 28th/29th (more like 29th at present, but I've seen this sort of set-up recently move forwards as the front comes through quicker, so I'm hazarding a guess this will do the same. No scientific reasons, just a hunch. I have until the 10th Feb, so I'm not desperate yet... snowHead
snow conditions
I am!! Going to Flaine on 30th, should I be worried?
ski holidays
30th? Im there Tommorrow Confused

All will be ok NehNeh
snow conditions
No new snow in the Alps for at least 15 days !! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
Old Farmers Rule in operation >> Early snow followed by heatwave means late winter start

Farmer say Mid-Jan onwards
snow report
stanton, i have heard that too ......but i hope they are right
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Early snow followed by heatwave means late winter start

If the past week's temperatures constitute a heat wave I'd hate to see a cold snap.
latest report
are we going to get some snow soon,preferably before 31 dec followed by blue skies for a few days wink
ski holidays
stanton, ideal... snowHead
latest report
looks to me that gfs has pushed any snow back out to the otherside of the new year again, seems to show that bloody high hanging on for longer than was first thought...........sh*t rolling eyes
snow report
skinutter, unfortunately agreed... however, it is just one run... lets see what the others bring later on. It can all change and let's hope it does.
latest report
stanton wrote:
Old Farmers Rule in operation >> Early snow followed by heatwave means late winter start

Farmer say Mid-Jan onwards

Sadly sounds about as optimistic as you can be from some of the recent forecast models. The high pressure wobbles about from just over the UK to slipping SE a bit into Europe. Its still there prettymuch right through some of the runs for 2 weeks - and the only runs that seem to shift, put slap bang centred over European Alps leaving Scotland in screaming SWly of tropical orgins . Shocked

If it doesn't snow meaningfully in the next 6days in Scotland we've got a problem, snow at Christmas time doesn't make a good season, but if there fails to be meaningful hill snow between now and the 29th of Dec, a frustrating and very late peaking season would be most likely. Which fits with the Met Office winter forecast. From a Scottish Ski Areas perspective, half term needs to become a MONTH LATER me thinks! rolling eyes
snow report
If there is indeed some snow on the 28th/29th around Austria, I'll be damn happy... God.. last year was an early winter now is a really late one Sad

Edit: stubai is opening 2 more pists on the 25th, theyre both blue ones though Sad
ski holidays
Looking at longe range forecast ....snow on its way (maybe) around the 3rd Jan for parts of the Alps!!!
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, yep... it's the stuff that was showing up as appearing before the new year, unfortunately... Only thing that now gives me cause for concern is that the same thing could happen again if the jet stream persists in keeping that damn high pressure in place. Then it's back another week, then another... here's hoping that it can't keep holding on.
snow conditions
carled, lets hope the high pressure gets moved along soon then
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy