Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New/different muscle pains...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, after three days of fairly intensive skiing on "marginal" conditions (anything up to 10cm of fresh at the top, packed powder, moguls, etc lower down, and Xscape-like sugar at the base in the afternoon), my muscles were hurting.
Not my thighs, but my calfs (I was really working on getting my boots flexing), and my stomach muscles. This was due to some of the higher speed stuff that I was working on with Weems (my instructor).
I've never had sore stomach muscles skiing before. I've been told to do lots of ab curls before my trip to Aspen in January.

What bits of you hurt the most after skiing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
What bits of you hurt the most after skiing?

My wallet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, I got exactly the same thing in Whistler last week. Quads were no problem at all, but abs and calfs ached like hell. I'm pretending to myself that it suggests that I'm getting my posture correct.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lower legs often suffer because they are the ones often neglected or missed during training. Maybe the workouts need a bit of balance. I can't say whether my balancing act will work this year until I get out there, tho
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, Try doing heel raise exercises.

Don't neglect the lower back muscles when you are working on your stomach.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, my nasal hair was stinging a bit this morning on the colder shady parts of the mountain (-15c).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
calves for me too - not very flexible down there but heel lift in the boots helps, as does standing with the ball of your foot on a step, lowering your heel until you get a good stretch then pushing up onto tip-toes so you really "crunch" the calf muscles.

sometimes get tired shoulders after a really active day involving skating, carrying skis, a bit of skinning and pushing myself along with poles etc etc
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno andWear The Fox Hat, I used to get calf pain early in my holidays and was convinced that it meant I was trying to stand up too much in my boots (i.e. not enough pushing forward into the front of the boot and letting my ankle flex! - see other thread).

Unfortunately my abdomen is one big "resting muscle" and only tends to ache after too much Christmas dinner whenI have been exercising my jaw and swallow muscles excessively wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy