Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing without socks.

Poster: A snowHead
Today, skiing sockless, I found it a very liberating experience. I was wearing my wife's thick socks but they proved too tight. Off they came and with great difficulty sqeezed my naked feet into the cold boots. Once on the move, it really felt natural to have the soles of my feet in contact with the footbed. I never suffer from cold feet so is there any disadvantages to be without socks? Oh, and here's some proof.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris wrote:
I never suffer from cold feet so is there any disadvantages to be without socks? Oh, and here's some proof.

I can smell the disadvantages from here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chris, are you sure that you are happy to let the world know that you wear your wife's smalls Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, only her socks. I always ski commando. Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, Laughing

Then I bet you are careful with the zips Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh my goodness, your boots will be VERY smelly VERY soon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chris,
Hate to be picky, but that photo just proves someone was skiing Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I never suffer from cold feet so is there any disadvantages to be without socks?

That's what it is then. I always thought those naked skiers I keep passing on the pistes were just trying to make a statement. They obviously just suffer from cold nether regions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just tried my new boots. I asked the fitter to construct them with the smallest (tightest) tolerance for ultimate control. Fantastic results! They are now soooo precise my skiing has improved dramatically. The only downside is that I have to stop evry 46 minutes 21 seconds to cut my toenails! kermit, so, the pic doesn't prove I'm commando, either! wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris,
We need a kilt in the next picture.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chris, I hope you have boot dryers in your chalet otherwise they are going to SMELL! I used to go sockless in my Goretex sailing boots until my wife threw them out!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But you look cold - all hunched up like that Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
erica2004,I am cold because I'm naked under those clothes. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just musing here - do Scotsmen ski in kilts?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you want a really close fit, I use Spyder Liner Socks, they are not much thicker than tights and contain X-Static Silver fibre for warmth and so they don't stink. My boots fit so closely, I can't get normal ski socks on.
latest report
Spyderman, by that rational I should change my username to M+Sman or Realycheapbadqualitybulkbuyoutofacrummydiscountstoreman. Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy