Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey/Vallandry here we come

Poster: A snowHead
As mentioned previously, we are jetting out to Plan Peisey on the 22nd. Snow appears a bit thin on the ground but the web cams at least show some snow and various forecasts show it to be quite chilly (therefore good for snow cannons).Most pistes are reported to be open. To those in the know ie FLYING SQUIRREL et all, whats it like at resort level, can you ski back into the resort? I'm sure whatever the conditions we will have a good time ( especially after a couple of beers at the Squirrel),but it would be nice to know whether there will be enough snow for the kids to chuck snow balls at me when I'm in the hot tub. Finally is there much to do in the area if you dont wish to ski ( one of our party is unlikely to venture out onto the slopes)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its not a great place for non skiers, but there is a fantastic cross country ski area up the valley at Nancroix, where you will also find the lovey L'Ancolie table d'hote restaurant. There are some good walks too. If you have a car the bobsleigh in La Plagne is a great experience. As for meeting up the mountain if your non skier can walk the 20 mins to 1800, where the TransArc lift will take her up to the Grotte de Glace and a restaurant at the top of the slopes. I don't know about restos in 1600, but there are a number of nice ones in Peisey, La Cordee and of course FLYING SQUIRREL. The Paradiski lift across to Montchavin is worth it for the amazing 1km up ride, but apart from walks and quaint small restaurants there is no more on that side for the non skier.

i'm sure some-one else will be along with more suggestions soon
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if your non-skier is game for some outdoor activity, it might be worth renting snowshoes and finding a bit of snow for a plod around (if there's enough). It's fun, and easy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rowley B QC, We were there a few years back and one of our party drove to Bourg and took lift up to look at Ice Grotto.

We're off to Vallandry on Thursday, taking a few days to drive arriving Sat. I'll look out for you!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, we'll be the ones hopefully relaxing in the Flying Squirrell after a great day of champagne powder with the kids well looked after by Esprits dedicated staff.... well at least the second part willl be true, fingers crossed, a snow dance or two and a few prayers on the first part
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
May see you in there - I'll be the exhausted looking dad of twin 6 years old who are too damm good for thier age! They're in lessons in AM but skiing with me in afternoon.

If there's a 4yr old girl entirely in Pink - that will be my daughter. She's being looked after by the Tom Pouce nursery - went last year and loved it
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris wrote:
May see you in there - I'll be the exhausted looking dad of twin 6 years old who are too damm good for thier age! They're in lessons in AM but skiing with me in afternoon.

If there's a 4yr old girl entirely in Pink - that will be my daughter. She's being looked after by the Tom Pouce nursery - went last year and loved it

Are the wonders of pink- my 5 year old will be doing her snow plough turns in the dreaded colour my wife has also gone for the same colour jacket. My 9 yr old son ( you my see him in a blur as he does his usual Bode Miller impression)and I ( who you will usually see sat on the side of the piste having a rest) opt for the far more macho cammo green
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rowley B QC, You neednt worry about snow - I'm sure there will be plenty! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin My brother is arriving there on the 22nd & it always dumps for him!

For the non-skiing party member, I'd suggest she (? making assumptions here Embarassed ) tries to get into Club Med or MGM & use the spa - I've heard various reports on whether this is possible or not - might be that it depends on the time of year or how booked up or otherwise they are. Worth a try though. Otherwise a trip in the yogurt pots down to Peisey is fun - nice old village to look round.

Have a great time there - I love it & wont be able to get there till 20th Jan.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geri, its actually a "he" but thanks for the info< I did Cervinia club med last year with four mates (lured by the complementary drinks) and used their sauna/ spa , luckily going in the buff wasnt compulsory Shocked . Hope your bro brings the weather with him
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here's one idea: http://www.letrappeur.com/index%20anglais.htm

Otherwise, at http://www.peisey.com/ under Activities "Other Activities" they link to organisations who organise hiking, snow-shoeing etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For non skier around, I would definitely go for the snow shoes, and you also can try dog sledge and the ice grotto on the top of the Trans'Arcs lift.
Lunch at the Mont Blanc bar recommended (chicken cajun, full english breakfast, jacked potatoes.....)
Have fun
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What is the ice grotto?

Sounds like the nippers may be interested later in the season.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marc gledhill,
its a 'cave' at the top of the 2000 valley, with about 20 ice sculptures in it. I've heard varying reports, but never been in myself (too much skiing time not to waste). Apparently quite chilly inside, (well it would be wouldn't it) and not free, allegedly can be done in about 15 - 20 mins. You can access it on foot from the Transarc from 1800 (about 50m from the top), and there is a restaurant there too for meeting up with people on planks / boards: so quite a nice chance if you have non-skiers (or, as was the case with us, 'broken' skiers) for them to get up on the mountain, and do something if waiting for others in the party to show up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm on my way out on the 2nd Jan with my brother, nephew and a couple of mates. Can't come soon enough !!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm on my way out on the 2nd Jan with my brother, nephew and a couple of mates. Can't come soon enough !!
snow conditions
JimW wrote:
marc gledhill,
its a 'cave' at the top of the 2000 valley, with about 20 ice sculptures in it. I've heard varying reports, but never been in myself (too much skiing time not to waste). Apparently quite chilly inside, (well it would be wouldn't it) and not free, allegedly can be done in about 15 - 20 mins. You can access it on foot from the Transarc from 1800 (about 50m from the top), and there is a restaurant there too for meeting up with people on planks / boards: so quite a nice chance if you have non-skiers (or, as was the case with us, 'broken' skiers) for them to get up on the mountain, and do something if waiting for others in the party to show up.

I visited the grotto a couple of seasons ago. Cost two or three Euros to get in IIRC. It's deceptively large, and the ice sculptures are initially impressive, although after a little while it does get "mmm, another impressive ice sculpture, ho hum".
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy