Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Are there any snowheads in Les Gets that can report on current conditions?

The cams show snow but they don't show skiiers and it was supposed to open today!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm arriving Saturdat btw..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a report from a chap who's just arrived to do a season, on another thread somewhere. He said it looked like a Pennine Farm when he arrived, but the new snow had made everything white. But that was a week ago and it's been warm since....but now it's getting colder and they'll be able to make snow. I'm sure they'll have some runs open, but probably not the whole domain. It's the same story 'most everywhere, certainly everywhere as low as Les Gets. I'm not going out till New Year but there's no sign in the forecasts at the moment of significant snow before then. We'll have to hope they're wrong. Also, have a look at what is going on in Avoriaz, which is a lot higher, there'll be skiing there. It was reported as raining in Morzine last evening (other side of the hill from Les Gets)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
professorpool, have a look at the Courchevel thread..... Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The resort seems to be declaring only 20cm on the top - hardly anything for just before Christmas
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Gets kicked off partially on Sat. 10% of all the lifts were open today (Sun). A daypass cost just E7. The Portes du Soleil link is closed. One resort-run was open on limited cover. The 7-day forecast is calling for subzero temps at village-level, but little or no snow. Colder weather should allow them to blast the manmade. More uplift is planned to open for Crimbo next weekend. But how much more will run is anyone's guess.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

The Portes du Soleil link is closed

one problem of the PdS is that some of the links are very low - going to Avoriaz will mean going on a bus. With a million others. I think the advice about hiking boots, on another thread, could be in order. We were just talking about that with ref to a New Year trip - we are focussing on a holiday in the mountains, rather than a ski holiday. If there's no snow, it would at least be nice if it was sunny!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is good skiing in Avoriaz at the moment good range of lifts open with really good snow at the top and with sub zero temeperatures next week they will be hoping to open some links, this weekend you could come up from the Swiss side but not ski down.

Morzine is not looking as good as Les Gets. They are waiting for the colder weather to run some cannons. The ESF is still certain that they will be operating lessons on the Pleney from next weekend (23rd Dec).

I am putting bets on not too much hope of a white Christams but a good chance of a white New Year. This wouldn't be the first time for this in the last few years. We were just spoilt last year!!

Frinds of ours who have a mountain restaurant on the Les Gets think it will beopen for Christmas.

Hope this all helps
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lets hope and pray for snow! Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blooming les gets website is down now!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
professorpool,
Not going with Equity by any chance are you?
Staying in the Alpen Sports Hotel?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ignore the webcams for Les Gets (at least the one you can see on SnowEye), because they are not in the best locations. 1 usually points at a lift queue, and 2 others point at the very bottom 50-100m of the run into town, which is a short sharp steep bit and is very high wear and tear. One of those 2 webcams was still showing a pic from 3 weeks ago last time I looked.
From my annual webcam watching ritual, that last patch is always a bit green/brown in December.
Not sure exactly which bit was open, but my guess was just the wide open blue(s) between top of Chavannes Express etc, and top of Chavannes bubble, possibly with one run back to the village? You need to check the panorama cams on the Les Gets site for that.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
newageloafer wrote:
professorpool,
Not going with Equity by any chance are you?
Staying in the Alpen Sports Hotel?

Nope, going independent and staying in a SC apartment in Les Clos.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy wrote:
Ignore the webcams for Les Gets (at least the one you can see on SnowEye), because they are not in the best locations. 1 usually points at a lift queue, and 2 others point at the very bottom 50-100m of the run into town, which is a short sharp steep bit and is very high wear and tear. One of those 2 webcams was still showing a pic from 3 weeks ago last time I looked.
From my annual webcam watching ritual, that last patch is always a bit green/brown in December.
Not sure exactly which bit was open, but my guess was just the wide open blue(s) between top of Chavannes Express etc, and top of Chavannes bubble, possibly with one run back to the village? You need to check the panorama cams on the Les Gets site for that.

How accurate is the pic of the village?

Primary motivation for going over Christmas is so the kids can see Santa in the snow. I know I can drive up to Avoriaz if I have to..
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
professorpool wrote:
How accurate is the pic of the village?

It will be accurate... for that bottom 100m of piste convergence shortly before the lift queue. But it won't be accurate as an indicator of the general snow conditions for Les Gets / Morzine.

These webcams...
http://www.sagets.fr/panoramiques.html
probably look better than...
http://www.skifunshop.com/PagesF/CamF.html

Not sure which bit Santa lives in, is it bottom of Chavannes? or is it at the top of the bubble?
latest report
Le Clos? Hopefully.. Laughing
snow conditions
Looks like a few specs last night!

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/lesgets/interface.php?pk_interface=55&r=vue&id=6242
snow conditions
That's what I'm after really - snow on the resort!Smile
ski holidays
Drove through here at the weekend looked like very poor snow conditions with 0% open on sunday - it rained all Saturday night apparently.
latest report
NorthWestFace wrote:
...0% open on sunday...

That's not the case NorthWestFace - they did run lifts on Sunday, but only 2 or 3. They are actively holding back the main bowl and the Nyon area.
snow report
The lift operators of Les Gets and Morzine are meeting tonight to discuss what will be open this weekend. This has come direct from the ski school (ESF).

They are hoping to open in Morzine up to Pleney, Nabor, Belvedere and the links to Les Gets.

They have confirmed that the local kids ski school is going ahead from Sunday and so looks promising.

They have been working very hard with the cannons all day today.

[b] They have always said to open on 23rd December so what's the upset!!![b]
snow report
professorpool, I have people in Les Gets for the season and guests there now. There IS skiing, to the village, with snow cannons providing cover where it's not so good. It's also very cold and we hear the locals are forecasting good snowfall over this weekend Very Happy As snowandtrek, says, 23rd was projected and it's looking good for then snowHead
snow report
Car is packed, the skis are on the rack so whatever happens, will be there by 9am Saturday! Smile

Chuffed I'm not flying - you may not have heard but there are a hell of a lot of flights being cancelled here - including ALL domestic flights today - causing a knock on effect..
snow report
snowandtrek, I thought I had read a couple of months ago that the full start date was 16th Dec.
snow conditions
Anniepen, where they heck they got that from I don't know. It will NOT snow in Les Gets (nor any other part of the alps!) this weekend! Trust me on that one. 28th onwards has a good chance, but unless there is cataclysmic upheaval in the weather, not before...

Freezing level up slightly this weekend too. Maybe 1500m+ and even up above 2000m on Sunday. Bring on the weather change, snow gods...
ski holidays
Anniepen, No snow on the webcams at the moment, will it ever come?
ski holidays
chrisb, no snow on the forecast for the next ten days, and that's as far as it goes!
latest report
locals predicting snow just before Xmas, wonder why they would do that Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zzz, Glad I am not skiing until Feb, but could do with a decent base etc, and snow for those who are out there who will have paid quite a alot for going out at this time of year
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy