Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift passes and Ski hire???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two things that I am a little confused about.
I am wanting to try and get a last minute thing in January to the best resort I can. Now the flights and accomodation are simple but the two subject matters are somewhat not so easy.
Is it cheaper to leave these things until I get into the resort or should I try and get them through the travel agent? I know that the agent can sometimes add theit own profits to the price of the lift pass and ski hire.

HELP anyone pls,

Rob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never bought from a travel agent. Tour Operator yes, but the ones we use do it on the bus and you pay the going rate. they make their money by buying passes in bulk and selling to you at the normal rate. If in doubt just buy in resort.

Try online for gear rental. www.snowrental.com are quite good or otherwise try searching online for a shop in resort as you can often get a discount for an online booking.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
also www.worldski.com seem pretty good value, plus you can get lift and skis from through them.

I have used snowrental for equipment, I suggest getting the VIP skis etc as the other stuff was old.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When you're renting in resort, always ask the shop for discount. I've always got approx 10% off. This makes it cheaper than buying on the bus or from the TO.

Have also booked online in advance, cheaper than on the day but no bartering opportunities!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Tyke, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers, Alastair

Will be keeping a keen eye out for snow news from St Anton between now and 6 Jan....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robert_dorling, you will generally have no problem getting ski passes locally. A few years ago you would need to have a passport style photo, but these days many places will just point the electronic camera at you when you buy - you'd be able to check online at your resort of choice. Many resorts have quite a choice of different passes, and it might depend a bit on weather too. e.g. if there are very high winds which have closed lifts, or a lot of snow which is hampering piste preparation (well, we can hope....) you will not be sold a full price, multi-day local pass, whereas if you have bought in advance, tough luck. With ski hire, it might depend on where your accommodation is; you won't want to trek miles. If you're going for a last minute deal, I'd leave both till you get there, to have max flexibility. Some ski schools (the ones most in demand) might be booked up though - that might need a bit more thought, if lessons are part of your plan.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy