Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

great snow reported at La Grave, LDA, SC and Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Backing up some of Charlottes great pics and commentary, got this email from skiers lodge:

The mountain looks great! More fresh snow has fallen bringing our season snowfall to date to over 2 meters at altitude 3200! Virtually the entire mountain is covered with a 30cm of Powder and with a base of circa, 200cm (alt3550-3200m) to 150 cm (alt 3200-2400) of snow. Skiing is possible all the way to the village of La Grave.

Also Les Deux Alpes, Serre Chevalier and Montgénevre have excellent snow conditions.

http://www.skierslodge.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski,

And may it prove to be so throughout the season... I'll have to get myself down there..Laughing

Engelberg doesn't look too bad atm either....looking at the Cams..., freezing levels a bit high but early days
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think skierslodge send that email out this time every year Laughing

anyway, if there's a grain of truth in it, it bodes well for the end of Feb
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno wrote:
I think skierslodge send that email out this time every year Laughing

anyway, if there's a grain of truth in it, it bodes well for the end of Feb

There has been 140cm of snow at 3200 meters at la Grave since mid-september. Maybe they are counting the end of last season in their figures? Laughing Most of those dumps have melted subsequently. There is currently around 40cm at the top of la Grave. The Lauteret area has some of the better conditions in the French Alps at the moment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, or maybe they're counting glacial ice as base wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sestriere is also looking very good with more snow forecasted for a few days next week to add to the already good snowpack. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:

lets hope they've got more than 2m of glacial ice. I dare say you can ski down to la Grave at the moment, just don't do it on your own skis! Anyway the lift is out until the 23rd, a new cable is being fitted, same problem as Grands Montets.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hornster, I skied Montgenevre on wednesday and it had perfect conditions from top to bottom with 30cms of powder for off piste lovers and around 50 per cent of lifts open. The slopes were empty apart from the Italians who had come over from Sestriere, where, unfortunatly conditions were not very good. But as you say there is snow forcast in the next few days. Serre Chevalier opens in the morning so hopefully it will be as good as Montgenevre. I can't wait to find out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris, i was there on wednesday too!! it was lush! lots of pow and had a great time.
really looking forward to tomorrow now, but it looks likely that they'll only open the tops Sad no luc alphond to finish a hard days riding with!

see you up the grand serre!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel., Cool Very Happy . I usually finish my day on the Casse de Bourf or the Club Med. The former won't be open but the latter could be as they have had intensive snow cannon activity on it for the last 4 nights, the coverage looks complete and they have to keep the hotel guests happy.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:
Arno wrote:

lets hope they've got more than 2m of glacial ice.

Maybe they measured above a crevasse?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, OTOH there was a lot of wind, and all the snow that blew off our glacier probably landed on either the Chancel or the Vallons de la Meije .... that was the wind direction. sounds a little bit OTT, but nevertheless the snow is good and while we're not swimming in it it's absolutely fine. Cool OOh I'm hoping they open soon.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski wrote:
davidof, OTOH there was a lot of wind, and all the snow that blew off our glacier probably landed on either the Chancel or the Vallons de la Meije .... that was the wind direction. sounds a little bit OTT, but nevertheless the snow is good and while we're not swimming in it it's absolutely fine. Cool OOh I'm hoping they open soon.

That's certainly a factor, but it is very rocky. I would risk my good skis at les Deux Alpes but not at la Grave at the moment. My rock skis don't have any bindings on at the mo though rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy