Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody ever driven to Zermatt? Did it take ages and was driving there a good idea instead of plane or train?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Uvex, Welcome.

You'll only get as far as Tasch which is a village just below it, given over to a giant car park and then you'll have to get on the train into Zermatt, its car-free.

I don't know how much it is to park
latest report
 brian
brian
Some of the Taesch garages do parking+taxi deals. Useful if you get there late at night.

We used www.taxi-metro.com

Parking is 7CHF per day outdoor, 12CHF indoor.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Uvex, I drove to Zermatt, but via a week in Austria!!

I decided to stay in Tasch rather than Zermatt, as it was far cheaper and I didn't have to transfer all my luggage onto the train. However, there is nothing in Tasch other than car parks and a couple of hotels.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelin states 12 hours. http://www.viamichelin.co.uk.

We've drove to Klosters 2 years ago and that took around 13 hours door-to-door from Surrey. Personally we far prefer driving over flying - no hassles with luggage and no queuing!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've only driven to Chamonix before and this worked out fairly cheap with 2 people sharing the cost of diesel... also a car is very handy in Chamonix as otherwise you do need to rely heavily on buses... I've looked into driving further afield to Zermatt and Saas, but it doesnt seem to pay... a package with flights + h/b hotel always comes out cheaper for me and it's less of a slog.. and a car is no good to you in Zermatt / Saas anyway as there are both car free and reasonably compact.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy