Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Realisation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
lisach, Well then it's clear. You should come here instead. we will have nusery slopes open if that's what you want + nursery slope at 2,100m (not too cold), + easy runs at all levels up to and including 3,600m. OK, it's not as pretty as La clusaz, but if you can get accommodation you'll still have a good time. OTOH there's probably too many doing that, so best left alone. wink wink wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lisach, unless you are tied into school holidays (and at the risk of bringing down the wrath of God I would say there is no need to be, if your kids are small) it would seem much better to postpone your holiday, given lack of penalties. Christmas is not normally a good time for the snow, even in better years, and you can have better snow and fewer crowds later. Also, anywhere with good skiing available will be horribly crowded when the lower slopes are all green (and I can understand your concern about the depths; the Hauteluce webcam which was deceptively white after the recent snowfall is now resolutely green, and there is no significant snow in the offing, it seems). I don't think cancelling is a daft option at all - if you only get one ski holiday a year you want it to be a good one.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe I should explain why I appear so negative! We seem to have no luck when it comes to the weather.

Jan 2005 - Saas Fee - little snow when we get there, we arrive then high wind and heavy snow means we can't ski 3 days out of 4.

Dec 2005 - Lech - too much snow means resort is inaccessible hence ruining a weekend trip!

Mar 2006 - Praz Sur Arly/Megeve - good snow when we arrive then +12° temps and heavy rain mean we ski in slush for 3 days and get soaked, and I mean soaked.

Dec 2006 - ???

I just want a week with a bit better luck weather wise, thats all. Blush
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lisach was that the back end of March this year in Praz? Was living it with you but if you were there the same time it did at least drop some fresh stuff which helped up top, just the wind was strong too Shocked

Does sound like you have had some poor luck but you can never bank on anything, been in feb a few times and had mud to ski on in Austria and France (Ellmau and AdHuez)

Fingers crossed for you.. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lisach,

Have a look at my Tignes Snow Report,posted yesterday, and come to a resort that offers lots of good skiing for all ability levels.

The info is not made up by the local tourist office, its where i have been skiing since the middle of October. Blush
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lisach wrote:
Maybe I should explain why I appear so negative! We seem to have no luck when it comes to the weather.

Jan 2005 - Saas Fee - little snow when we get there, we arrive then high wind and heavy snow means we can't ski 3 days out of 4.

Dec 2005 - Lech - too much snow means resort is inaccessible hence ruining a weekend trip!

Mar 2006 - Praz Sur Arly/Megeve - good snow when we arrive then +12° temps and heavy rain mean we ski in slush for 3 days and get soaked, and I mean soaked.

Dec 2006 - ???

I just want a week with a bit better luck weather wise, thats all. Blush

Oh dear! Does sound like you're due a little luck! Confused

There are no promises when it comes to snow conditions anywhere or anytime, but you can improve your odds by more careful selection of resort and timing. Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lisach, Please3 make sure to tell us where you book next year sowe can all avoid you like the plague. Hope it improves for you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lisach, Er, I was going to suggest Tignes/ValD as the snow depths are looking good and the cannons are running. Looks like they will be having a race or two there next week as well. Very Happy

However in the light of the above, and given that we will be there next week, Maybe Les2A would be better for you Shocked Laughing

Just Kidding, Hope you find a good spot this year! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lisach it shows 80 cm of snow there on the upper runs only 5 cm at the bottom is hardly reason to cancel

But best place for snow would be espace killy though
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy